Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:32:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasian Coalition Of Labor Occupations (A.C.L.O) Headquarters  (Read 25501 times)
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« on: June 05, 2019, 01:30:42 AM »

I must say I'm extremely impressed by the actions of this Group so far. Though of course I disagree on a great many political grounds, the conduct itself is outstanding. The legislative grading in particular is a shining example of how Atlasian pressure groups should be functioning, and I do hope other or future groups will live up to these standards.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 07:44:16 AM »

Though you have good intentions can I just suggest that a union strike would only bait the Feds into passing this bill simply to spite the ACLO.
And might I also suggest that given Atlasia's unionisation rate is around the 10% it is in real life, threats of strike are fairly useless, especially threats of strike in the South, which is Right to Work and has a unionisation rate of roughly 5%.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:12:02 PM »

I'll join

I support labor unions, as they have achieved a great many victories for the Atlasian worker, and I would like to see them earn even more victories for the Atlasian worker

X S019

You said this only two months ago.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 10:28:51 PM »

I'll join

I support labor unions, as they have achieved a great many victories for the Atlasian worker, and I would like to see them earn even more victories for the Atlasian worker

X S019

You said this only two months ago.

I’m happy that he made a 180 in his views toward us.

And who says he won't make another 180 in 2 months time?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2020, 12:06:59 AM »

And without an active GM a "general strike" means absolutely nothing. And even if we did have an active GM, it would be entirely their decision whether such a strike would happen regardless.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2020, 06:21:29 PM »

I urge all those who live in the South to vote for Bagel23 as a first preference. It is clear that there might be two Federalist candidates, and Bagel23 as someone who has done much for the working man as a union leader and voter should be prioritized over the likes of the corrupt Spark, clear Federalist do-nothing delegate Reagante, and WB.
So ACLO members should vote for a right-wing candidate instead of the 4 left-wing candidates?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2020, 07:32:12 PM »

I urge all those who live in the South to vote for Bagel23 as a first preference. It is clear that there might be two Federalist candidates, and Bagel23 as someone who has done much for the working man as a union leader and voter should be prioritized over the likes of the corrupt Spark, clear Federalist do-nothing delegate Reagante, and WB.
So ACLO members should vote for a right-wing candidate instead of the 4 left-wing candidates?
The immense contributions of Bagel23 to the many working Atlasians is enough to prefer him over such candidates like WB and all the austerity freaks of the right. While of course his party involvement and Transphobia could be a hindrance to the working class, his tenure as leader of the Foodstuffs Union is assurance enough that his heart is in the right place.
Yet if Bagel is elected it will be because of the support of standard Conservative Federalists. Not disloyal left-wingers.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2020, 01:52:35 AM »

Nay

I don't think a strike is helpful at this stage. The federal government is working towards the goals that PSOL has set, and a strike would cause unnecessary disruption to the economy and health system.

In particular, the ACLO spirit has been shown with the strict conditions attached to financial relief in our stimulus bill-such as no layoffs, maintaining collective bargaining protections and no obscene bonuses or stock buybacks. I have also invoked the Defense Production Act to spur the manufacture of vital medical supplies.

Therefore, I hope that the ACLO can give us a chance to keep up the good work, rather than ignoring the successful approach my administration and the Labor Party are taking to address this crisis and protect the working people of Atlasia.

And at the end of the day the GM decides if a national strike happens, not half a dozen users LARPing as trade union leaders. Otherwise half a dozen Federalists could also LARP as a trade union body and pretend to be the true representatives of the union movement.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2020, 11:07:48 PM »

What exactly are your demands? It's not clear to me at all what this strike hopes to achieve.

AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2020, 11:21:30 PM »

What exactly are your demands? It's not clear to me at all what this strike hopes to achieve.

The GM takes this strike seriously, which is all that is needed

I agree with the demands of the union, too little work has been done on these fronts in a timely manner.

The GM has merely acknowledged that the ACLO voted to strike. It has not given word on whether this is being obeyed by unions.
And why do you seriously expect Congress and the President to care about half a dozen people saying a strike is happening after a tied vote. Not to mention why would a pretend strike change anyone's mind.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies