What is your President Forever strategy?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:12:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  What is your President Forever strategy?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: What is your President Forever strategy?  (Read 16203 times)
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2004, 11:26:57 PM »

Just giving this a bump for anyone else
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2005, 01:00:19 PM »

My current strategy, where I play with accurate public polls and no spies:

Phase 1:

I make my theme consist of my best 3 character score. If they're equal list of priorities goes like this: Leadership-experience-issue familiarity-integrity, the reason being that issue familiarity can be improved and is guranteed to become important after the debates.

I start making an ad on leadership or experience, since those 2 are always important in the beginning.

I park my candidate in the biggest battleground state and let him do debate prep or issue familiarity (1 CP) This, for some reason, gives you a good stable momentum in that state and also boosts morale in it. I seldom lose this state.

I send my VP-candidate on a barnstorming tour around the battlegrounds (1 CP)

I research a scandal on my opponent (1 CP)

My remaining CPs I focus on getting endorsements.

Phase 2: Once I get good morale in key states I recruit foot soldiers in them with my spare CPs. If I have 6 or 7 CPs I might also hold a speech or two with my candidate.

Once my VP is finished with his battleground state tour I usually put him in a big battleground and make him fundraise.

Once my scandal is researched I'm done researching (unless I have a lot of CPs and it's only a low power one)

I continue to make ads, I always have one ad in the making. I never use an ad if it's only power 4 or less. Once I get a good one I run it pretty much everywhere.

Phase 3:

When the debates come around I make sure I have 5 CPs not locked up on recruting foot soldiers, etc so that I can spin the debate results.

Once the debates are over we're pretty much in the final week. Now I calculate my war chest carefully and spend a tad more than I really can on ads in battlegrounds, but also in a few locks for my opponent.

I also realease my scandal and spin it for as long as I can.

My candidate can now barnstorm, given that I have the CPs for it. My VP does that as well. I make sure I'm left on the final day with a little money. Then I spend everything I can on running all ads I have in all states where I'm not solidly ahead. This will boost the PV to give me a moral victory and many times swing a state my opponent thought he had secured.

I almost always win. Smiley
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2005, 08:08:15 PM »

I barely campaign...I just run Leadership/[you] and Leadership/Attacking [opponent(s)] on the last week with a few barnstorms in places like Washington, DC (if GOP) or Utah (if Dem).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies