Best cities for the previous poster (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 08:26:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Best cities for the previous poster (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Best cities for the previous poster  (Read 1996 times)
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« on: March 19, 2018, 04:01:50 PM »

NYC sounds good for you, from what I've seen.
Also from cities I have more knowledge of- Tel Aviv sounds perfect for you, it suits every criteria. You might also find Jerusalem surprisingly good.

I prefer a fairly big city where I can have career options, but I don't want it too be too busy or noisy. I do not require that much nightlife, just some. A beach is a good bonus. I'm gay but I don't require a huge gay scene, just at least a strong community. However, I'd be happy to be able to walk with my (currently nonexistent) bf hand in hand without being murdered\beaten\insulted\stared.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 07:30:03 AM »

While not perfect, I'd say that Haifa, Israel fits you well. Since it's not Jerusalem or around Tel Aviv, the rent costs there are quite low. It has the best Israeli institute for technological subjects (one of the best in the world- the Technion), and the city has a decent amount of tech jobs. There are beautiful mountains around it, and while the Haifa beaches aren't really meant for fun, it's a short train ride away from some great beaches to the north and south. It has a surprisingly good cultural and nightlife scene with some impressive events that mold Jewish, Christian and Muslim culture, and as for politics... I'd place it to the center-left, with a fairly big amount of both right-wingers the leftists, but most of the population doesn't really care either way. In any case, it's quite socially tolerant and there aren't any right-wing economic policies being implemented by the Mayor or something.

As for me, modified the request a bit:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies