Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 07:11:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Suggests 'Second Amendment People' Could Act Against Clinton  (Read 8325 times)
elcorazon

« on: August 09, 2016, 02:50:36 PM »

It was obviously a joke guys lol.
you're obviously a joke
elcorazon

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »

comments like this are why 538 is Hillary's ceiling
elcorazon

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 03:30:47 PM »

However, all of this would not be happening if Democrats don't stop talking about gun control. They're only putting themselves in trouble by making this a big issue, year after year. Yes, we need background checks, but stop demonizing gun owners and guns, and stop making it a major issue. Let the states handle these issues.
LOL!!!!!
elcorazon

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 03:58:53 PM »

The level of faux outrage in this thread is similar to the ones in this thread. Go back to your safe spaces, people.

We have had four Presidents killed by assassins in this country's history. We have had several others who had attempts against there lives. We have had assassinations and assassination attempts against many presidential candidates over the years. Don't you dare suggest this is anything other than playing with fire, especially in a political climate as charged as it has been in decades. I am not feigning this outrage. I AM outraged because THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.

I think you need more bold text.

I think you need to stop defending every single thing your God-Emperor does.
Okay, I should make it clear that I'm not saying saying that this was a smart thing to say. I honestly don't know exactly what he meant by this, but either way, it is a stupid thing to say on the campaign trail. To me, talking about exercising the Second Amendment implies taking up arms as a last resort against tyranny. I did not interpret his comments as being a call to kill another individual, but I understand that some people may have different reactions when they hear the words "Second Amendment".

I just don't think that, whether it was a stupid pro-2A argument or an even dumber joke, it warrants the WORST PERSON EVER outrage in this thread.
Wow! So you're saying he's not for killing Hillary, he's ONLY for taking up arms against the government in the event she wins...gotcha
elcorazon

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 04:31:09 PM »

Why didn't the Secret Service tackle him onstage for making a threat to a presidential candidate? He needs to be investigated immediately and then prosecuted.

They will do a quick investigation (to have a report) and I'm sure top-level Secret Service people will sit with trump. It will all be private, no release of any information discussed in the meeting.
The Secret Service will tell trump to not joke about things like this. Even if trump tries to create an excuse that it was not intentional, they will tell him to not "go there" in future speeches, in where there could be a "misinterpretation" of its exact meaning. They wont prosecute trump (unfortunately) for it .... I don't think there is enough here for them to do so.
But it was still disgusting, and trump is still an idiot.
He'll claim afterward that this is more proof of a rigged system that only he can fix
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies