Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 09:27:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results) (search mode)
Thread note

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Congressional Special Election (last call! unstickied after NY-27 final results)  (Read 169763 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: November 28, 2018, 02:45:18 PM »

If it was a unanimous vote then it's clear that the board has a good reason to be concerned. An investigation seems warranted.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 10:44:27 PM »

Somebody is going to be brought up on felony charges because what is stated in those affidavits is serious. After all the bogus Republican claims of fraud in California it's almost funny that an actual case of fraud seems to have been orchestrated by a Republican. Now when Republicans claim fraud Democrats have the receipts.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 08:49:37 PM »

This is actually worse than Florida. North Carolina Republicans have gone out of their way to control the state government through gerrymandering, stripping the governor of powers, rearranging Supreme Court elections. The next step was to outright cheat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »

If California vote by mail ballots can be returned by anyone authorized to do so by the voter. Democrats do this with people who actually are on their voting lists, not random people and they certainly aren't out stealing the ballots of Republicans who aren't voting for Democratic candidates.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 06:43:23 PM »

Democrats are trying to steal another Congressional Race. They always do.

THE FRAUD CAME FROM THE REPUBLICAN!
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2018, 09:21:30 PM »

And I think so long as McCready is unable to catch up, Harris should be certified regardless of fraud. An insurmountable race ought to lead to certification.

That's not how this works. Any fraud committed in an election should nullify it regardless of if the candidate trailing can catch up.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2018, 10:25:42 PM »

And I think so long as McCready is unable to catch up, Harris should be certified regardless of fraud. An insurmountable race ought to lead to certification.

That's not how this works. Any fraud committed in an election should nullify it regardless of if the candidate trailing can catch up.

no lol
If it is proven the fraud was limited and Harris was not involved then it should be certified. A special election is a waste of money in that scenario and also a middle finger to the other Harris voters and the plurality of voters who wanted Harris.

There is nothing funny about this. You are implying that it's okay to commit fraud if it doesn't effect the result or if the candidate didn't know about it (which seems hard to believe). If voters had their ballots forged or destroyed then they should be given the opportunity to vote in a fair election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2018, 10:34:51 PM »

no lol
If it is proven the fraud was limited and Harris was not involved then it should be certified. A special election is a waste of money in that scenario and also a middle finger to the other Harris voters and the plurality of voters who wanted Harris.

There is nothing funny about this. You are implying that it's okay to commit fraud if it doesn't effect the result or if the candidate didn't know about it (which seems hard to believe). If voters had their ballots forged or destroyed then they should be given the opportunity to vote in a fair election.

do you seriously believe that in all 7 districts in California that flipped that there wasn't a single misplaced or tampered ballot using harvesting?
If we find one does that mean there should be a new election.

And therein lies the hypocrisy. You want elections overturned based on zero evidence, but you want someone who paid for fraud to be sworn into the House. The process in California is quite transparent and legal representation for candidates can challenge ballots. None of the Republicans who lost even filed a challenge which should tell you that they had no evidence.

California isn't even the subject here, it's North Carolina.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2018, 01:14:12 AM »

It's not entirely clear if Harris knew exactly what was happening, but it wouldn't be surprising if he knew. He is an extremely fanatical Christian and some of these people feel as if they have a religious right to do whatever they need to do to achieve their goals.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2018, 11:48:29 PM »

The House needs a certificate of election to admit any members and without one they are well within their own rules not to admit Harris. Judges can't issue certificates of election.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 08:29:41 PM »

This is a district drawn by a cult for a cult so what a surprise that the cult is winning it. I wonder how many absentee ballots they stole this time.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 08:49:08 PM »

This is a district drawn by a cult for a cult so what a surprise that the cult is winning it. I wonder how many absentee ballots they stole this time.

We're all upset, but please don't do this.

Thanks.

I didn't do anything against the rules of the site. Any party that cheats and supports someone as President who is clearly unstable and a fraud isn't a political party anymore, it is a cult. I'm not upset, I'm just telling the truth.

Please don't chastise me, I'm not your child. Thanks.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 08:53:49 PM »

We're all upset, but please don't do this.

Thanks.

I didn't do anything against the rules of the site. Any party that cheats and supports someone as President who is clearly unstable and a fraud isn't a political party anymore, it is a cult. I'm not upset, I'm just telling the truth.

Please don't chastise me, I'm not your child. Thanks.
Salt

Who are you and what does that even mean?

I'm just making the point because some of you all will be posting that this races means that Trump is guaranteed to be re-elected. A Republican winning in a gerrymandered district is hardly an upset.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 09:13:56 PM »

If Dems can come anywhere near this close in the Presidential race in NC-09 next year, they’ll win the state easily, right?
Correct, but that's not going to happen considering these are very different elections (and electorates).

That district is not going to get better for Trump and will in fact get worse.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 09:24:58 PM »

If Dems can come anywhere near this close in the Presidential race in NC-09 next year, they’ll win the state easily, right?
Correct, but that's not going to happen considering these are very different elections (and electorates).

That district is not going to get better for Trump and will in fact get worse.

It will when we have somebody to run against. You put a Bernie or Warren and you’ll lose more bigly

Dan McCready was a solid candidate in terms of resume, background, ideology, and funding.

Bernie, Warren, and heck many of the other Democratic Presidential contenders probably WON'T do as well as McCready.

LOL.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies