Obama people
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 02:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Obama people
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Obama people  (Read 5294 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2008, 09:48:08 PM »

The lesson we've learned is that any post with "Obama" in the title will be an instant success due to the obsessive nature of his cult following.

I don't do cults any more than I do radical leftists either Wink

What have you got against radical leftists? Wink
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2008, 09:49:02 PM »

The lesson we've learned is that any post with "Obama" in the title will be an instant success due to the obsessive nature of his cult following.

Oh, get off it!

Your just being ridiculous.

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go sacrifice a lamb in the name of the great Muslim God OBAMA!

Geez oh man.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2008, 09:56:45 PM »

Oh, get off it!

Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go sacrifice a lamb in the name of the great Muslim God OBAMA!

Geez oh man.

As a Muslim, I can tell you that we do in fact worship our Lord and Savior, the father of God, Barack Hussein Obama. I sacrificed a white person to him and ate the white person's heart just this morning. With his help, we will soon enslave the infidels and destroy this horrendous democracy!

All of this post was false except for the first three words, for those of you who don't understand sarcasm.

I just ain't one of them. End of! And I'm not standing for Obama to be smeared that way - and that is what those, who seek further decline at the hands of the Grand Incompetent Party (George W Bush gave it that name), will do to ensure Obama does not win in November

Having suffered an inept Republican, the thought of a decrepit one, who won't be closure on his tenure, fills me with dread

Dave

Aye. Unfortunately, the swiftboating will be much, much worse this year.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »

Oh, get off it!

Geez oh man.

As a Muslim, I can tell you that we do in fact worship our Lord and Savior, the father of God, Barack Hussein Obama. I sacrificed a white person to him and ate the white person's heart just this morning. With his help, we will soon enslave the infidels and destroy this horrendous democracy!

All of this post was false except for the first three words, for those of you who don't understand sarcasm.

I just ain't one of them. End of! And I'm not standing for Obama to be smeared that way - and that is what those, who seek further decline at the hands of the Grand Incompetent Party (George W Bush gave it that name), will do to ensure Obama does not win in November

Having suffered an inept Republican, the thought of a decrepit one, who won't be closure on his tenure, fills me with dread

Dave

Aye. Unfortunately, the swiftboating will be much, much worse this year.

Yep, the Republican fear and smear machine. Where would they be without it?

Dave

They'd be the perfect party for people like you. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #104 on: May 08, 2008, 10:06:09 PM »

I must brag for a moment:  my vote for Hillary in the NY primary is looking wiser and wiser as time goes on, but then again I kind of saw this one coming.  There was simply something about Obama's act in SC that didn't smell right to me.

One other point:  All this crap about one side's "fear and attack" machine and another side's "politics of personal destruction" machine is exactly that, a load of crap.  Both Obama, Hillary and McCain are using their attack machines as we speak right now.  The idea that one of these candidates is "above politics" or some other garbage is just that, garbage.
Democratic Hawk
LucysBeau
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 2.43

« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2008, 10:10:27 PM »

They'd be the perfect party for people like you. Smiley

Erm ............ I don't think so

Dave
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #106 on: May 08, 2008, 10:12:03 PM »

I must brag for a moment:  my vote for Hillary in the NY primary is looking wiser and wiser as time goes on, but then again I kind of saw this one coming.  There was simply something about Obama's act in SC that didn't smell right to me.

Can you elaborate? I'm not sure I follow.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #107 on: May 08, 2008, 10:17:42 PM »

Well, it's a number of things, but most importantly, his responses to the Clinton's taunting sounded a lot like the "victimization" game.  I understood why he might do that in SC, but it still didn't feel right to me.  Now, it's clear why it didn't sound right to me.  Basically, his whole campaign is based on the "victimization" game.
Iosif is a COTHO
Mango
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: -5.04

« Reply #108 on: May 08, 2008, 10:20:58 PM »

Well, it's a number of things, but most importantly, his responses to the Clinton's taunting sounded a lot like the "victimization" game.  I understood why he might do that in SC, but it still didn't feel right to me.  Now, it's clear why it didn't sound right to me.  Basically, his whole campaign is based on the "victimization" game.

what about Clinton's 'it's tough out there against all those boys' shtick?

what about McCain's hissy fit today because someone implied he was old?

Everyone loves being the victim.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #109 on: May 08, 2008, 10:22:32 PM »

Oddly, I get the impression that the candidates' press jockeys are all about the victimization game.  Their campaigns seem to be about inaccurate attacks, meaningless rhetoric, faux populism and eating a crap-load of food they clearly hate.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #110 on: May 08, 2008, 10:26:57 PM »

I don't believe Obama actively used the victim card. However, he didn't do anything to stop the media or his surrogates from portraying him as such.

Hillary, on the other hand, is married to the card.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2008, 10:29:46 PM »

Cool.  I thought my post with the map didn't go through because my browser crashed Smiley

This kind of bloc voting irks me even when they are voting for my candidate.  I don't want the party too tied to special interests, whether it's Older People, Young People, Black People, etc. 

The difference here though, that I'd argue is that Obama and Clinton have largely similar positions on issues that effect the black population.  In fact, I would argue that Hillary's health care plan is better for African American's than Obama's because as a group, on average they tend to be lower income and generally have more health concerns.  So the fact that they are voting for Obama by over 90% margins is shocking to me.  Then, I find it ridiculous when white people are called racist for not voting for Obama.  I mean, White people are voting in no-where near those numbers.  I get all the arguments that being white and black are different because one group is a minority that has had discrimination in the past, etc.  But it's just absurd when the margins are what they are.

You are giving the exact same arguments that Republicans give when complaining about blacks voting en masse for Democrats.  It's "shocking to them" too that blacks ignore traditional values.  It's "shocking to them" that blacks are voting for the "party of slavery."  It's "shocking to them" because they too feel that their health care plans, economic plans, etc., are good for everything, much as how you just slipped "Clinton's plans are better for blacks" as if that were an undisputed fact.

The only difference that I see is that you probably voted for John Kerry, and not Barack Obama.

I can see why Republicans don't want to deal with ultra-liberals.  Good luck in November.

Alcon is supporting McCain. Just saying.

Well it's not so much the party affiliation as ridiculously snobby and polarized liberal views that view White people who don't vote for Blacks as backwards redneck scum who are being intellectually dishonest.  It's idiotic, I'm from the Northeast and have an ivy league degree, it's not something that makes me important because I got a lot of lucky breaks, but I'm getting tired of the assertions in these threads that I'm a low class redneck who is afraid of black people.  I didn't "slip" something into my argument something deceitful about Clinton's plans.  I said that in MY opinion, her plan was better and cited a specific example.  It's just not worth it debating with someone who is constantly going to race-bait.

First off I don't see all that many posts or mentions that if your white and voted Clinton it means your racist.   Yes, some mention has been made of it, but that likely has to do with the fact that many of the areas Clinton has generally done the best with the white vote are areas which have had past racial problems, as well as some exit polls showing the number of whites who said race was important in their vote.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix

« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2008, 10:38:30 PM »

SLS, I haven't seen any accusations of racism. Well, I have, but those apply more to the Edwards voters in Oklahoma.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies