The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:41:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2 (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 2  (Read 220152 times)
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 22, 2017, 09:33:44 AM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Ugh. Go away. There is nothing he has done that makes him uniquely qualified to lead the country.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 01:13:57 PM »

And who needs Libya, when he voted for the war in Iraq.
Nobody is going to care about that in 2020. 
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 06:39:01 PM »

And who needs Libya, when he voted for the war in Iraq.
Nobody is going to care about that in 2020. 

Iraq is Vietnam re-incarnated. As long as Biden will be alive, his vote will haunt if he decides to run for Presidency. Anyone who voted for the war in Iraq will have a big disadvantage 2020, Hillary got hammered for that.

Besides as long the Middle East is a problem with terrorists groups n ISIS, Iraq War will be there. The war also killed many Americans & created trillions of $ of Debt. How do you recover from that kind of a blunder?
She did in 2008. I don't remember that coming up in 2016 but time will tell. I am starting to think Biden might not be built for the spotlight of being a frontrunner candidate.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 11:22:34 AM »

This was obvious. The only ones still trying to keep this alive are deplorables who know Crooked Hilary is their best bet to get another four years.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2017, 06:37:59 PM »

Can’t wait to canvass for Joe!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:45 PM »

That Biden article is interesting. I knew he would play the role of "After four years of Donald Trump, the country needs someone who knows what they're doing from day one. There's no time for a learning curve."

Him launching with Kamala from day one is a unique move. Not sure if I am in favor of that. He should hold off.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 01:49:06 PM »

Bannon-world now pushing back against the news that Bannon has privately floated the idea of running for prez in 2020:

http://www.newsweek.com/steve-bannon-not-running-president-2020-trump-756264

You must be logged in to read this quote.

LOL at the delusion.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 05:25:58 PM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »

No she is not. She has said as much and donors are already looking in other directions at this point. The woman is done. Though I know you'd like her to be running because she is the reddest of the red meat for the Republican base.

This statement is factual. Your personal hate/dislike of her will not negate this.
I will not believe yet she is not running.  I remember “‘Tricky Dick’”. Saying the press would not have him
to kick him around anymore.  She is every bit as tricky.

Hillary always gained her importance by her connections to Bill.  If she had been on her own. She would never have gained any any recognition.  She certainly would not been elected a Senator from New York or never been a candidate for President.

Richard Nixon did not lose to a reality television star in a race that he was deemed as having in the bag. He lost to a charismatic, younger candidate, and quite frankly the legitimacy of the loss was questionable. He also wasn't 70+ years old and a polarizing figure among the electorate.

Despite how you think she got there, she WAS elected Senator, she WAS chosen to be Secretary of State, and she WAS the first woman with a legitimate chance at becoming president. It is what it is.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2018, 03:55:22 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 07:14:24 PM »

I’m very bullish on the Dems picking a moderate Rep as VP. Most likely Kasich, depends who is the top of the ticket. Biden is someone I could see “bridging the divide” and “uniting the country”.
John Kasich is not a moderate.

And the Dems picking a Republican as the VP will only keep Democrats home. We don't want to vote for that crap.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:11 PM »

I’m very bullish on the Dems picking a moderate Rep as VP. Most likely Kasich, depends who is the top of the ticket. Biden is someone I could see “bridging the divide” and “uniting the country”.
John Kasich is not a moderate.

And the Dems picking a Republican as the VP will only keep Democrats home. We don't want to vote for that crap.

I don’t like people who vote for team blue or team red, I hope those voters stay home.
So it's a problem that I or anyone else does not want someone on the ticket who we don't agree with on ANYTHING politically? Kasich is against everything I stand for. That sounds ridiculous.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »

Bullock! Cheesy Let's make this happen.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2018, 11:55:16 PM »

Kamala and Steve Cheesy
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »

He can keep this bullsh-t. Roll Eyes

And if Booker is in the race, I wouldn't be so sure about hedging bets on South Carolina. Booker is very beloved by older black women down here.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 09:53:50 PM »

How long will it be until the first debates happen on the Democratic side? I do remember them starting around August 2011 during the 2012 Republican primaries. I don't remember the debate schedule in 2016.
Hopefully April like during the 2008 primaries. If the Democrats do well, we'll be fired up and ready to start our nomination process!
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 09:36:36 PM »

I hate how they characterize Michigan & Wisconsin as 'Trump country' were they ever described as Obama country? No.
Because he wasn't supposed to win there plus the media wants to coddle these white people and paint them as misunderstood and experiencing economic anxiety. It is all to shape a narrative.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 02:55:34 PM »

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2018, 11:54:56 PM »

Castro visiting Iowa on June 23 and 24:

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/08/julian-castro-2020-presidential-election/

Also in that story, Team Castro is apparently high on Texas:

This is a terrible analysis. I hope this isn't real.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32:09 PM »

Castro visiting Iowa on June 23 and 24:

https://theintercept.com/2018/06/08/julian-castro-2020-presidential-election/

Also in that story, Team Castro is apparently high on Texas:

This is a terrible analysis. I hope this isn't real.

Whatever - let him go. The worst thing that happens is he crashes and burns, which is what will happen.

One thing that's true is that the Democrats have done a really bad job running quality Hispanic candidates in Texas and Florida, and that has held back their long-predicted gains in these places. (Heck even California) Look at Ted Cruz, Marco Rubio, both presidential material, or even the earlier Mel Martinez. The GOP would have lost that Senate seat in 2004 if it wasn't for the Cuban vote. Having someone like Castro up there on the debate stage one or two times can't hurt.
I don't care if he runs, that analysis was just stupid. Hedging your bet on a group of unreliable voters while ignoring states that Trump won by less than 50 percent and only won by one point is awful strategy. Especially betting on Texas when the Hispanics there already vote more Republican than Hispanics do nationwide.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2018, 06:45:50 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/20/politics/2020-democrats-chat/index.html “Part 2” of their definitive ranking. They go over what they missed, and Chris makes a good case that Bullock is a hidden liberal. He was the first governor to order net neutrality be protected, banned “dark money” in MT elections post-Citizens United, passed an equal pay bill, refused to send the MT National Guard to the border, and fought as a private citizen for a minimum wage ballot measure.

That's what makes Bullock such an appealing candidate. His ability to appeal to Montanans and yet remain a mostly mainstream liberal with actual accomplishments that could play very well in a general election.
This! This This! I really hope the fossils Sanders and Warren sit out so he can have a path to carve towards the nomination.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2018, 12:21:59 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/politics/georgia-stacey-abrams-2020-democrats/index.html
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2018, 02:40:43 PM »

If Abrams win in november, she will probably be close to a king/queenmaker for the southern primaries. Not surprised to see everyone and their mother courting her.
I think she'll back Booker. He's been Team Abrams since she launched last June. Everyone else hopped on once her candidacy started garnering national attention.

Off topic, but I hope President and First Lady Obama come down here. Tongue
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 10:47:52 PM »

The Daily Beast story includes this Line

"A source close to the Bullock—the only Democratic governor is a state that Trump win in 2016—told The Daily Beast that he is “clearly thinking about” a presidential run focused around  his pursuit of campaign finance reform."

Is that trying to say that Bullock is the only governor to represent a state that Trump won? Because that isn't even slightly true, NC, LA, and PA all have Democratic governors. If it is just governors who won in 2016 in states that Trump won that would be Bullock and Roy Cooper of NC. The only distinction that Bullock can get is that he is the only Democrat to win reelection on the same day that Trump won their state.  Or is it saying that he is the only potential 2020 Democrat who is from a state that Trump won. If I'm just missing something please let me know.

To make this relevant to 2020, I think that Bullock would be pretty much unstoppable in the general with someone like Harris as his VP.

I really hate it when people forget my boy Roy Sad

Bullock's biggest problem is being too conservative for the primaries and being a white male. He'd be a fantastic VP for Kamala Harris or Oprah or Catherine Cortez Masto. Otherwise, he'd wipe the floor during the general election.
What is Bullock allegedly conservative on though? And can we stop with the meme that Democrats hate white males? There are scenarios where either Bernie or Biden could cake walk to the nomination. A white male (not necessarily Bernie) probably would have won the nomination in 2016 if Hillary hadn't been all but crowned the nomination for taking her 2008 primary loss like a champ.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies