Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 02:30:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78
Poll
Question: Will Bushie break 300 pounds before the end of February?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Update XX: A Darn Good Judge of My Financial Situation  (Read 211144 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2015, 11:51:57 AM »

Meh, the weight gain isn't a big deal. He's just going through a 6 year rough patch of financial problems and not feeling like exercising. He'll turn it around eventually.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2015, 11:55:20 AM »

Bushie, is your very successful and financially independent brother flying in to Okie to fart around with company for days on end at Mommy and Daddy's house?  Oh wait... Of course he's not, because he's rude and doesn't care if he disappoints all of you.

Idiot...

Really?  Because I believe you are a grown ass man who needs to get out there and be independent, your own words, but while unemployed all is going to be put on hold because you have to spend a week and a half having family dinners because it would be rude not to.  Is your brother held to the same standard?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2015, 12:03:13 PM »

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2015, 12:34:51 PM »

Jeff, why do you need to waste over a week indulging your moocher aunt & uncle? There is no reason for anyone to be anyone's houseguest - relative or not - for that long. Certainly not 4-5 times a year -- that is more than a MONTH a year. Do they not have jobs?

As I said, go up to OKC for one day. Have dinner. Say hello. A nephew does not owe an aunt and uncle who visit frequently any more than that.

Poor granny. RIP.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2015, 12:43:06 PM »

Jeff, why do you need to waste over a week indulging your moocher aunt & uncle? There is no reason for anyone to be anyone's houseguest - relative or not - for that long. Certainly not 4-5 times a year -- that is more than a MONTH a year. Do they not have jobs?

As I said, go up to OKC for one day. Have dinner. Say hello. A nephew does not owe an aunt and uncle who visit frequently any more than that.

Poor granny. RIP.

Get ready for the idiot comment, even though you are 1000% correct.  Moochers R Us.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2015, 02:05:35 PM »

Poor granny. RIP.

Oh my, my, my.  A whole bunch of goodies in here, but none of it is correct.

First off, they don't mooch.  They come so often specifically to take care of Grandma by doing the cooking, cleaning, handiwork, and seeing after her needs.  Their visits give my mother a break from having to do all of that.  Grandma is almost 89 years old and really needs someone to look after her all the year.  She can still live by herself, but she needs someone to call and check on her once or twice a day.  They also take care of my uncle's dad who is almost 90 and who lives just 6 miles from Grandma.  In fact, he and Grandma went to school together back in the 30's and early 40's.  He is even worse off, he cannot hear much, cannot drive, cannot really see well, and, in my opinion, shouldn't be living by himself anymore.  He has other kids nearby, but my aunt and uncle's visits given them a break.  My aunt and uncle are retired military.  He served over 30 years in the US Air Force making it all the way to Major General rank.  They are both retired now, and like to travel.

So, before you go insulting someone else or their family, learn ALL the facts before you make any kind of judgment.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2015, 02:08:22 PM »

So, it would be very rude for you not to stay over for 10 days and have them prepare meals for you as well.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2015, 02:14:42 PM »

So, it would be very rude for you not to stay over for 10 days and have them prepare meals for you as well.

I didn't say that.  The rest of his post is valid, but I was too caught up addressing and shutting him down over the inconsiderate labeling.

If you would do me a favor, can I spend time with my family how I want to spend time with my family without being condemned for it?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2015, 02:20:08 PM »

I didn't say that.  The rest of his post is valid, but I was too caught up addressing and shutting him down over the inconsiderate labeling.

If you would do me a favor, can I spend time with my family how I want to spend time with my family without being condemned for it?

okay but don't pretend that you're trying to get your life back on track at the same time

and don't use your family members, who by your own words you "want" to spend ten days straight with, as an excuse for not getting your life back on track
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2015, 02:27:28 PM »

I didn't say that.  The rest of his post is valid, but I was too caught up addressing and shutting him down over the inconsiderate labeling.

okay but don't pretend that you're trying to get your life back on track at the same time

and don't use your family members, who by your own words you "want" to spend ten days straight with, as an excuse for not getting your life back on track

I've pretty much decided to only spend 4-5 days instead of 8.  I thought I made that point already, but it must have been glossed over.

I also said I would I would be looking for a job during the time I'm down here.  That point was glossed over, too.  C'mon guys, you're slippin'...
TheDeadFlagBlues
Junior Chimp
Canada
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2015, 02:37:16 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2015, 02:41:31 PM »

Forgive us, Bushie. Considering most of us post here on break from our full-time jobs and/or graduate school, we don't all have the mental time or energy to pick up on all of your more intricate explanations as to why a nap and vacation was well-earned.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2015, 02:44:55 PM »

Forgive us, Bushie. Considering most of us post here on break from our full-time jobs and/or graduate school, we don't all have the mental time or energy to pick up on all of your more intricate explanations as to why a nap and vacation was well-earned.

Ouch.... Nice come back. Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »

How did I miss this?  I liked that game as a kid watching the Price is Right!  It was probably my second favorite behind Plinko.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2015, 02:56:15 PM »

How many job applications are you filling out right now?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »

None right now, King.  I'm over at my parents about to go out for supper.  Remember, the Brown clan are early birds at the dinner table, especially on weekends.  In case anyone asks, Mexican food is tonight's cuisine of choice.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

It's 3:00 in the afternoon! I haven't even eaten my afternoon lunch yet, and I'm at 4 pm.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #142 on: January 16, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »

It's 3:00 in the afternoon! I haven't even eaten my afternoon lunch yet, and I'm at 4 pm.

Plus, it's Friday.  As in, a weekday, not the weekend.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #143 on: January 16, 2015, 04:12:06 PM »

Plus, it's Friday.  As in, a weekday, not the weekend.

For the Brown family, weekends last Friday through Sunday, sometimes including Thursday as well. We went over this when Bushie and his family refused to eat healthy on those days of the week because they were supposed to be fun days and THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #144 on: January 16, 2015, 04:14:35 PM »
« Edited: January 16, 2015, 04:16:14 PM by Grumps »

They eat at 4, and then again at 8 or 9.  Common sense would dictate to them that doing so isn't healthy but the Brown Clan know what's best.  Nothing Bushie can say will lead me to believe they go from 4PM til 6AM or so without eating again.  Roll Eyes
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: January 16, 2015, 04:15:14 PM »

After talking to my mother just now, I am going to try to get someone to teach for me on the 25th and go up there to stay on Saturday, January 24.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #146 on: January 16, 2015, 04:15:24 PM »

They eat at 4, and then again at 8 or 9.  Common sense would dictate to them that doing so isn't healthy but the Brown Clan know what's best.

I'm sure they each take a very productive dump in between dinner #1 and #2 to cancel it out though.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #147 on: January 16, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »

Whoops, another glaring typo!  Hilarious that autocorrect turned 'relaxations' into that, but luckily we knew what you meant.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2015, 04:29:05 PM »

To be a fly on the wall while Bushie "teaches." Are you working with children or adults?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2015, 04:40:07 PM »

No job applications filled out on Friday Fun Day! #TGIF
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies