Official Chick-fil-A Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 11:10:56 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Official Chick-fil-A Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Official Chick-fil-A Thread  (Read 33757 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« on: July 27, 2012, 07:49:24 AM »

Interesting that his voicing his opinion was what triggered this, given that he's been donating millions in profits to anti-gay causes for years and which would provide a substantive reason for people to avoid eating there.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
« Edited: July 28, 2012, 09:00:23 AM by brittain33 »

Does Chik-Fil-A actually practice anti-gay discrimination (either as official policy as Cracker Barrel has for years, or unofficially to a notable degre worse than other corporations)?
From what I know, no, though I think the number of homosexuals working there is low due to their public opposition to gay marriage, and the few who apply are immediately accepted, as not to risk a discrimination lawsuit.

Discrimination against gays in hiring is completely legal in about 30 states, and they overlap heavily with states where CfA is based. I'd think even in a state like Mass. a lawsuit based on discrimination in a fast food joint would never get off the ground--no one would waste their time trying to build a case.

That said, unlike Cracker Barrel in the 90s, I've never heard of CfA discriminating.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 01:58:44 PM »

http://storify.com/homophobes/top-50-homophobic-chick-fil-a-tweets
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 08:32:52 AM »

Am I the only gay who doesn't care that much about the outcome here? It's just like those referenda, only it's purely symbolic. Of course loads of people oppose SSM and will stand for companies that agree with them. Of course CfA isn't going to budge in this issue. Let them have their Chik-Fil-A party and photo ops. This is one Dem issue where I know we're winning in the long term.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/gay-chick-fil-a-employees-reveal-what-it-has-been-like-to-work-there-lately-2012-8

Anyone who takes their anger out on the employees is a jackass. The other side of it is the old folks who assume the young guy at the cash register shares their disdain for homos.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »

Man this is the stupidest issue in history.

Seriously, the fact that this is even an issue is mindblowing.  Dan Cathy is against gay rights?  Newsflash: So is Tom Monaghan, the owner of Domino's Pizza.  Where the f*** are the rallies against/for Domino's Pizza (nevermind that protesting an entire company because of the views of one old fart is ridiculous)?

How do you rally against a delivery place?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies