Which Hillary states would Rubio have won? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 02:18:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Which Hillary states would Rubio have won? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Which Hillary states would Rubio have won?  (Read 9167 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 29, 2017, 08:58:58 AM »
« edited: October 29, 2017, 09:58:32 AM by L.D. Smith, Aggie! It's Real Expenses Again »

Nevada and Colorado

He'd have lost Pennsylvania and Michigan though.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 09:58:04 AM »

...Whoops, brain fart.

I keep looking at the map like it's all still going on sometimes.

Anyway, Rubio gains in the West, keeps Trump's Wisconsin, but wins more on a Pat Tumor or Ron Johnson esque strategy.

He does worse in New Hampshire, and barely loses Virginia

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 08:44:01 PM »

Atlas wisdom: Trump won so he was obviously most electable candidate-DUH! Clinton was VERY STRONG candidate-only Trump could beat her, never mind -14% favorability?! Muh WWC populism, WWC only demographic that matters.

When you have black turnout going down by default [by virtue of Obama not being there] and it was at impossibly high margin to achieve from the start, and favorables tank by the very nature of campaigning [unless you've got bad favorables from the start like Trump], yeah, that's pretty sound wisdom. Perfect? No, but pretty sound.

And yeah, the rest of the GOP field were somehow even less genuine sounding than her, every last one of them but Trump, why do you think they name dropped her so much in the debates while Trump didn't really?  And that's why they got clobbered, while she managed to win [at the cost of everyone but Hassan and Duckworth...but she probably brought McGutless much closer than she had any right to get with her campaign]...only stopped by a technicality.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »

P.S. Rubio probably would've shifted the map back to 2012 and put the weight on Colorado as I expect most people expected to be the tipping point.

If I'm charitable, he could've done it and Nevada [and I was originally].

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he keeps the Trump state of Wisconsin [which only he, Trump, and Kasich would have ANY hope taking].

But really, he would've tried ad-bombing, and tried swiftboating, but Hillary clearly isn't a slouch at that and she clearly had ground game down [only Trump's free media blitz was a good counter]...it'd be 1988 all over again. [I bet Deb Ross, Jason Kander, McGinty, and Feingold would've been aided by this]

Same undercurrent for change but with insiderism technically dominant and a popular administration able to give enough lift for Term III.

Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

People here are acting like Rubio would do better because he's a "moderate" but that is a dubious assertion.

Rubio would do better because he was a candidate not crippled by scandal and hated by the majority of the US electorate.

Literally all Rubio would have to do to win comfortably is say "emails" every 15 seconds and unlike with Trump Clinton would have no counter.

Rubio would figure out a way to flub it, at least Trump could be like "well at least I admit it".

Same way Dukakis somehow didn't manage to beat H.W. by bashing Iran-Contra over the head.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies