The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 09:32:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172035 times)
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: February 11, 2009, 06:31:07 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?

I've never said that I didnt need the support of the RPP. Of three potential VP picks, two of them were RPP members that I thought would be a valuable asset. I like both of these people, but one of them I consider to be one of the brightest and most active people in Atlasia.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #576 on: February 11, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »

Interesting strategy, it seems like Andrew is making a statement that he can without the support of the RPP.  A calculated risk, will it pay off?

I've never said that I didnt need the support of the RPP. Of three potential VP picks, two of them were RPP members that I thought would be a valuable asset. I like both of these people, but one of them I consider to be one of the brightest and most active people in Atlasia.
Are you calling Duke an idiot Tongue (not that I think you are)

I fully would support your presidency, but remember the reason I supported Bgwah over Moderate was Moderate's choice of Verily.  I think you really had a chance to send a message that you were starting a new Atlasian era and you kind of dropped the ball.  However, of course you will have my second preference and I would obviously vote for you if you were running individually.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #577 on: February 11, 2009, 06:41:34 PM »

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?
No RPP candidate will be contesting the presidency this go around, although it is more than likely that Duke will be running in the next cycle, something that has been known for quite some time now.  I don't see much RPP split, although I do know a few RPPers who have pledged to Andrew for reasons I can understand
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #578 on: February 11, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2009, 07:11:27 PM by afleitch »

However, of course you will have my second preference and I would obviously vote for you if you were running individually.

I thought having a candidate at the last election to run on platform of increased regional power on the ballot again would have been just the ticket no? Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #579 on: February 11, 2009, 07:59:24 PM »

My question is that will the RPP split its vote between Andrew and Bgwah? Right now I am slightly leaning towards the later but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the former. From what you have said and what I have gathered both a pretty good on regional rights. Of course there is a chance that someone might run that is a member of the RPP and that would change everything. Has Gov Duke ruled out a run yet, I have heard his name mentioned?

Duke has pledged that he wouldn't run if Bgwah ran. I doubt the RPP will split its vote now.

I had thought so I just wanted to make sure. As I said I am leaning towards Bgwah right now.

I was looking at running when it appeared as if bgwah may not run for reelection. When he announced his intentions to seek reelection, it was clear that I would play spoiler in the race for someone, so I decided not to give it a go.

I like Andrew and I was impressed with his judgement during the Xahar appointment. I was also eager to lend him my support during the race, but, like DWTL said, his choice of VP bothers me. Anyone who openly slanders my party for whatever reason isn't someone I can be gung ho about supporting. If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #580 on: February 11, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »

If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.

You've never explained why. I would be intrigued to know Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #581 on: February 11, 2009, 10:05:40 PM »

If it was anyone but Afleitch, I'd have no problem. However, because he chose him, I will have to rethink my options.

You badmouthed our party as recently as two days ago and having a ticket made up entirely of a party that includes Hashpipe and HappyWarrior among its ranks is a sickening thought.  Perahps moreso than yourself even is those who you seem to most closely associate with
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #582 on: February 11, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »

Check out two days ago when you sympathized with Ogis when we told him to get out of our party. I'm sorry, but we have never treated anyone unfairly. You and other's hatred of our party is purely based on our so called ideological differences.

If I need to quote the post for you, I certainly will.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #583 on: February 11, 2009, 10:23:58 PM »

Check out two days ago when you sympathized with Ogis when we told him to get out of our party. I'm sorry, but we have never treated anyone unfairly. You and other's hatred of our party is purely based on our so called ideological differences.

one flaw with the party thing is. You can't kick someone out of your party. If they sign up for the party and want to stay in it, there is nothing you can do. Othewise your post would be completly right.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #584 on: February 11, 2009, 10:27:11 PM »

one flaw with the party thing is. You can't kick someone out of your party. If they sign up for the party and want to stay in it, there is nothing you can do. Othewise your post would be completly right.

There is precedent for the SoFA allowing parties to boot members. I could look for the post where I saw it if anybody's interested.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #585 on: February 11, 2009, 10:29:19 PM »

PiT, I'd be interested to see it, actually.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #586 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:08 PM »

There is precedent for the SoFA allowing parties to boot members. I could look for the post where I saw it if anybody's interested.

could you please.

lov ya.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #587 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:54 PM »
« Edited: February 11, 2009, 10:53:23 PM by Smid »

could you please.

lov ya.

Now here's a story for the National Weekly (if it wants to go down the path of trashy tabloids)! I can see the headlines now:

Is this the rekindling of an old flame? PiT and DC United's hot-cold relationship heats up.

Oh, and the real reason I was going to post...

In the late 90's, a Queensland MP was convicted of paedophilia. When he was accused (but before he was convicted) the Premier expelled him from the caucus and refused to count his vote on matters of confidence.

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/stories/s94507.htm
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #588 on: February 11, 2009, 10:48:23 PM »

he was doing me a favor i say that to a lot of ppl.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #589 on: February 11, 2009, 10:49:29 PM »

Mike, if you don't want Sam Spade in your party, you have the right to remove him as party leader.

Lewis wasn't SoFA yet though, so I'm not sure how good this quote actually is.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #590 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55:47 PM »

I realised that - I was just joking around. I saw the opportunity to insert some humour and I took it (although I don't know if it should count as humour when it was clearly unfunny).
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #591 on: February 11, 2009, 10:57:28 PM »

I realised that - I was just joking around. I saw the opportunity to insert some humour and I took it (although I don't know if it should count as humour when it was clearly unfunny).
it is ok. it was funny.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #592 on: February 11, 2009, 11:03:35 PM »

it is ok. it was funny.

Smiley I was trying to poke as much fun at those trashy magazines and "news"papers as at you guys.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #593 on: February 11, 2009, 11:24:39 PM »

We can if he has already been banned from this website before. The issue was he claimed we offered him support and then took it back and chastised him. He also demanded we give him a chairmanship in a region. We are not required to give him anything nor give him support in any election, especially if its a guy like Ogis.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #594 on: February 11, 2009, 11:42:01 PM »

I like how no one responded to my quote of Lewis's post.
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #595 on: February 11, 2009, 11:55:40 PM »

We can if he has already been banned from this website before. The issue was he claimed we offered him support and then took it back and chastised him. He also demanded we give him a chairmanship in a region. We are not required to give him anything nor give him support in any election, especially if its a guy like Ogis.
yes I see your point. but I think that you need to still treat him like a human and not a vermin.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #596 on: February 12, 2009, 12:38:25 AM »

You badmouthed our party as recently as two days ago and having a ticket made up entirely of a party that includes Hashpipe and HappyWarrior among its ranks is a sickening thought.  Perahps moreso than yourself even is those who you seem to most closely associate with

What'd I ever do to you?
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #597 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:14 AM »

What'd I ever do to you?

You've chosen not to play in his treehouse.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #598 on: February 12, 2009, 06:35:49 PM »

We endorsed you with the belief that you supported regional rights and you certainly have not fulfilled that.  You also have not once returned the favor and supported an RPP candidate
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #599 on: February 12, 2009, 06:54:36 PM »

We endorsed you with the belief that you supported regional rights and you certainly have not fulfilled that.  You also have not once returned the favor and supported an RPP candidate

I've yet to understand what your interpretation of regional rights actually is considering some of the people you have overlooked who could have pushed that sort of legislation through.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies