TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 10:23:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who Would You Vote For In a Matchup
Phil Bredesen (D)
Marsha Blackburn (R)
The Libertarian
Other
Undecided
Abstain
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: TN-SEN: Return of the Bredi  (Read 93890 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« on: November 02, 2018, 06:20:23 PM »

You guys seriously underestimate how many self-described "Reasonable™" RINO Tom-type Republicans/"moderates"/"Independents" there are in Tennessee who would vote for their good ol' "moderate" former governor rather than the "shrill extremist" any time. This race is still very much competitive.

Most recent polls have shown Blackburn over 50%. I find it hard to believe that she will fall from that at this point.

A new one also has her at 44%.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2018, 06:10:30 AM »

You guys seriously underestimate how many self-described "Reasonable™" RINO Tom-type Republicans/"moderates"/"Independents" there are in Tennessee who would vote for their good ol' "moderate" former governor rather than the "shrill extremist" any time. This race is still very much competitive.

Most recent polls have shown Blackburn over 50%. I find it hard to believe that she will fall from that at this point.

A new one also has her at 44%.

Multiple high quality polls > a single random uni poll

And another dropped overnight with them tied at 48%.

The EV makes things interesting too.

Look, if Blackburn wins, I won't be surprised. It's an R state that overcame even Bredesen's good favorability and good will. However, if Bredesen wins, I also won't be surprised, since Blackburn is not well-liked and Bredesen has built up that good will as a moderate.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2018, 12:36:33 PM »

I have a really hard time seeing Bredesen winning. But... it is notable that outside groups/Superpacs continue to spend millions in TN, whereas they are not spending in TX.

Well, I also don't think they want to spend in TX because A) they don't want Beto to be seen as having the national cavalry come in for him (it's not a good look for him in terms of being "independent") and B) he has more than enough $$$ to fight for himself
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 10:30:40 AM »

The Bredesen cheerleaders in this thread have gotten so desperate they’re now citing supposed insider information from a Washington post opinion columnist on Twitter.

Imagine having a brain that powerful.

Not to mention two recent polls have the race tied and outside groups and the GOP are still spending on this race AND Trump is going today? Sure, that really sounds like Blackburn is up by 9.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 07:23:51 AM »

Well, if Blackburn is such a solid bet to win, why is Trump in Tennessee to prop her up?

Trump also went to Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, and Mississippi. Does that mean those races are competitive?

From what I can tell, Trump is going practically everywhere. He's going to be wasting his time a day before the election propping up Jim Renacci, lol.

Trump hasn't been to those states in weeks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies