Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:14:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd)  (Read 3953 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« on: September 09, 2008, 06:35:58 AM »
« edited: September 17, 2008, 01:00:10 PM by I'm still on your side in spite of everything you do »

Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act

The following text is added to Section 3 of the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

5. Secession, defined as a territory or group of people declaring or threatening independence from the Atlasia.
6. Refutation of federal supremacy in law, defined as making any post or taking any actions denying the supremacy of, or serving in a regional government which denies that it is subject to, federal law in any or all regions of Atlasia, after having taken the oath of office and serving as a legal officeholder.

Sponsor: Lewis Trondheim (original sponsor: Colin, but I'm taking it over as he's gone now.)

The relevant section and act can be found here.

Please also see the debate in the Legislation Introduction Thread. Alternative versions are swirling around there, but seem not to have been formally introduced. They may be introduced as amendments to the bill here, though.

minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 01:31:09 PM »

I wonder whether we should use this as an opportunity to review Criminal Law here in a wider sense.
I can only encourage you to make a start, then. Smiley
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 04:40:31 AM »

I also worked on this a good amount withe Torie and myself editing and revising the bill multiple times to ensure that it was both concise and specific.
Is the version as reprinted here the final version you wanted introduced?
I *think* it is, but I wasn't 100% certain you see. Smiley

You must be logged in to read this quote.
It has long been a tenet of Midwestern Expansionism that all the other regions need to be annexed to the Midwest eventually. Cheesy
You must be logged in to read this quote.
And of course as constituencies, and - more importantly as it's our only genuinely federalist feature - as voting units for constitutional amendments.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 02:12:36 PM »

No debate, no amendments.

Calling for a final vote.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 02:13:48 PM »

The following text is added to Section 3 of the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act:

5. Secession, defined as a territory or group of people declaring or threatening independence from the Atlasia.
6. Refutation of federal supremacy in law, defined as making any post or taking any actions denying the supremacy of, or serving in a regional government which denies that it is subject to, federal law in any or all regions of Atlasia, after having taken the oath of office and serving as a legal officeholder.

The vote is on final passage.

Please vote Aye, Nay, or Abstain.

Sorry Al. Write summat up as a bill is my suggestion.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 10:30:14 AM »

Aye
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 11:50:34 AM »

Vote count: Aye 6 (Al, Lewis, Bacon King, Sensei, Torie, Culture King)
Nay 1 (Dwtl)
abstain (did not vote): 3 (Verily, Meeker, Jas)

This bill has enough votes to pass. Senators have 24 hours to change their votes.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:50 PM »

This bill has passed. It is presented to the President for his signature.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 12:54:51 PM »

Sponsor: Lewis Trondheim (original sponsor: Colin, but I'm taking it over as he's gone now.)

The relevant section and act can be found here.

Please also see the debate in the Legislation Introduction Thread. Alternative versions are swirling around there, but seem not to have been formally introduced. They may be introduced as amendments to the bill here, though.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies