Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:08:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Amendment to the Consolidated Criminal Justice Act (Law'd)  (Read 3951 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: September 09, 2008, 06:47:14 AM »

I wonder whether we should use this as an opportunity to review Criminal Law here in a wider sense.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »

Might as well have a crack at this...

You must be logged in to read this quote.

These three offenses are all just different forms of the same thing, just that they are committed in slightly different ways. In other legal systems, no distinction is made between (for example) murdering someone with an axe, murdering someone with a knife or murdering someone with (say) a set of braces.

Again, these two offenses are basically different versions of the same thing. The offense should be spamming, btw.

But the complaints above are relatively trivial. More serious concerns this...

Firstly, it occurs to me that this "punishment" is, in some cases, not likely to be especially effective. A ban on the fantasy boards, enforced by the moderator, should probably be an option in cases of fraud. Secondly, the sentance lengths seem a littly bit on the arbitrary side; of course, they are only upper limits, but why those upper limits [qm]. I suppose you have to draw a line somewhere.

I don't see why destroying a voting booth should be counted as any more serious than impersonation and fraud. Certainly it isn't treason.

"Lifetime" here is rather amusing; the (median) average age here is probably less than the age I was when fantasyland started. Most of the people posting here will have 40 or 50 years of their lives left to live. This is absurd. Totally absurd.

Part II later
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 09:21:40 AM »

Aye
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies