SC: Research 2000: McCain Leads SC by 15%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:37:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  SC: Research 2000: McCain Leads SC by 15%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC: Research 2000: McCain Leads SC by 15%  (Read 1869 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 27, 2008, 11:56:42 AM »

New Poll: South Carolina President by Research 2000 on 2008-09-25

Summary: D: 39%, R: 54%, I: 2%, U: 5%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

QUESTION: If the election for President were held today would you vote for the Democratic ticket of Barack Obama and Joe Biden the Republican ticket of John McCain and Sarah Palin or another candidate?

MCCAIN      OBAMA       OTHER       UNDECIDED  

ALL                 54%         39%          2%          5%

MEN                 59%         36%          3%          2%

WOMEN               49%         42%          1%          8%

DEMOCRATS           14%         79%          3%          4%

REPUBLICANS         88%          5%          1%          6%

OTHER               55%         38%          3%          4%

WHITE               71%         23%          2%          4%

BLACK                4%         86%         -           10%

18-29               50%         43%          2%          5%

30-44               56%         38%          2%          4%

45-59               53%         40%          2%          5%

60+                 58%         35%          1%          6%
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 12:01:22 PM »

My prediction:

SOUTH CAROLINA PRESIDENT -
54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2008, 01:03:23 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

Your predictions are absurd. All of the undecideds go to Obama? In South Carolina? Get real.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 01:09:56 PM »

Look, the black undecideds will support one candidate and the white undecideds will support the other.  Yawn.  This is South Carolina.

Looks to me like the black sample is understated by a couple of points, but ya, this is reasonable.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »

Look, the black undecideds will support one candidate and the white undecideds will support the other.  Yawn.  This is South Carolina.

Looks to me like the black sample is understated by a couple of points, but ya, this is reasonable.

There are black undecideds?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 01:38:34 PM »

What surprises me is that in these polls McCain keeps doing better than Graham does in the Senate race.  Granted, there has been some spill over advertising from the Presidential race in North Carolina and Georgia while there has been no TV advertising I'm aware of in the Senate race.  Still, I would have thought that it would be Graham with the 15 point margin and McCain with the 9 point margin.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 04:32:11 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

Your predictions are absurd. All of the undecideds go to Obama? In South Carolina? Get real.
You know that there are other polls besides the Research 2000 that poll SC right?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 04:36:53 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

You know that there are other polls besides the Research 2000 that poll SC right?

Really? Are you going to try to argue with me that Obama will actually only lose by 6 like Rasmussen says? Please don't try to argue with me about South Carolina politics. McCain isn't getting below 55% in South Carolina, and Obama's ceiling is 43% here.
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 05:13:23 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

Really? Are you going to try to argue with me that Obama will actually only lose by 6 like Rasmussen says? Please don't try to argue with me about South Carolina politics. McCain isn't getting below 55% in South Carolina, and Obama's ceiling is 43% here.
I am not saying any of that but it sounded like you were basing everything on SC politics on this one poll and you are pretty much calling him an idiot for saying Obama will win with 43% which is very reasonable for SC especially if Obama wins by 3 or 4 points.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2008, 10:53:59 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

I am not saying any of that but it sounded like you were basing everything on SC politics on this one poll and you are pretty much calling him an idiot for saying Obama will win with 43% which is very reasonable for SC especially if Obama wins by 3 or 4 points.

It isn't the 43% that was absurd. It was McCain only getting 54% of the vote and Other getting 2% and 1% missing entirely. Obama will get 43% if he wins by a comfortable margin.
Adlai Stevenson
United Kingdom

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

It isn't the 43% that was absurd. It was McCain only getting 54% of the vote and Other getting 2% and 1% missing entirely. Obama will get 43% if he wins by a comfortable margin.

You're an idiot if you think I mean 54.00% and 43.00%, I mean that roughly - it will be something like:

54.29% (R) McCain
43.74% (D) Obama
  1.97% Others

Happy?  I wouldn't bet on it...

Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2008, 05:23:30 PM »

You're an idiot if you think I mean 54.00% and 43.00%, I mean that roughly - it will be something like:

54.29% (R) McCain
43.74% (D) Obama
  1.97% Others

How is he an idiot? You threw in a few tenths of a percentage point here and there and it's basically the same result.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2008, 06:09:13 PM »

My prediction:

54% (R) McCain
43% (D) Obama
  2% Others

54.29% (R) McCain
43.74% (D) Obama
  1.97% Others

I'm an idiot because I don't think Obama will get 44% in my home state of South Carolina and McCain get below 55%? Who are you to call me an idiot sitting over in England of all places, arguing with me about my hometown politics?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 03:06:43 AM »

Yeah, some blacks aren't involved in group think and can think outside the box.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:29:56 AM »

Really?
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 08:38:04 PM »

Really?

Yep, a small minority. Good people like Colin Powell, Condi Rice and JC Watts.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies