Which Florida counties flip?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:23:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Which Florida counties flip?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which Florida counties flip?  (Read 664 times)
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2024, 02:57:32 PM »

I can see Miami Dade flipping but who are the voters that would even make that happen? Aren't Republicans maxed out with Cubans there or do they still have room to go with them and Puerto Ricans etc??

I think it's more likely Biden narrowly wins Miami-Dade than Trump does. There would probably need to be some sort of huge turnout differential between post-pandemic transplants and "locals", as well as post-2010 non-Cuban Latin American immigrants being anomalously R like post-2010 Cuban immigrants are.

No way Biden wins Miami-Dade. If you’ve ever been to that place recently, you could easily tell that it’s not Biden’s turf.
Biden also now has a Record he has to defend which he sorta didn't have in 2020.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2024, 02:59:26 PM »

FL isn't flipping it's down to NC and on the S side it's all NE, MT and OH now
seskoog
United States
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2024, 05:19:03 PM »

My guess is only Miami-Dade and Pinellas flip. Seminole and Duval are trending to the left overall, and Hillsborough flipping in a presidential year seems unlikely when it has been basically stagnant since 2008 (I do think Biden will do worse there than 2020 though). No Biden 2020 double-digit county is flipping in Florida, or in any state except possibly Texas.
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2024, 08:19:30 AM »

New Florida Chamber of Commerce/Cherry Communications Poll has Trump winning 58 % of Hispanics.

If that's true Trump is going to win Miami-Dade County, Osceola and come within Single Digits in Orange.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies