The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:12:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3 (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The “Who is running in 2020?” tea leaves thread, Part 3  (Read 173848 times)
Askew
Rookie

« on: November 22, 2018, 01:33:14 AM »

These boring white male Senators have zero chance. They will lose as badly as Dodd did in 2008.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2018, 02:04:35 AM »

I think a lot of the media and Dem politicians learned the wrong lesson from 2016 and think that a white man will have it easier than another woman. Hillary didn't lose because she is a woman but because she generated little excitement in the base, was toxic to independents and ran one of the most arrogant and lazy campaigns I've ever seen from a Dem presidential candidate. Another woman won't have those issues.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 10:33:24 PM »

I think a lot of the media and Dem politicians learned the wrong lesson from 2016 and think that a white man will have it easier than another woman. Hillary didn't lose because she is a woman but because she generated little excitement in the base, was toxic to independents and ran one of the most arrogant and lazy campaigns I've ever seen from a Dem presidential candidate. Another woman won't have those issues.

I agree with your post in regards to how another woman wouldn't necessarily be a repeat of Clinton's loss from 2016. But I disagree that her campaign was lazy or arrogant. It was done in by a perfect storm of factors, ones mostly beyond her control. Lessons should still be learned from it, of course.

Agreed. There were about 10 different factors of why HRC lost. Some were in her control, some out of it. I *will* say though, I don't think her campaign got lazy or arrogant, per say, but I remember thinking it was really annoying how Trump would do like 3 rallies a day and be everywhere, and she'd only do like 1. The next candidate really needs to be on their grind, Beto-style, non-stop for every single vote, and take nothing for granted anywhere. It's clear, unfortunately, that they took Wisconsin and Michigan for granted.

Beto used the Obama campaign method. That Obama method to outwork your opponent was key to him beating Hillary and she still mailed it in in 2016. I never want to see another Dem run an arrogant campaign like that again.

On a side note, Bernie is going to run. His ego is too big to sit it out.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2018, 06:56:17 PM »

Yep, Sirota, Stoller and other bullsh**t artists aren't going to get traction this cycle. Not a Beto supporter but I have no patience for this purity nonsense that ignores Sanders problematic votes.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2019, 02:57:33 AM »

Romney like all other elected Republicans are cowards. No one will primary Trump. They are too scared of their racist base.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 02:35:09 AM »

Having worked with Liz before this is an amazing hire.
How are anyone remotely related to the Clinton clusterf**k even remotely hirable?

Yeah, you'd think the Hillary staffers would be pariahs after their  up in 2016. It's one thing to lose a race, but Hillary was supposed to win in a landslide and due in large part to her campaign's laziness and mismanagement they didn't.

If Biden hasn't started staffing up yet, he's going to struggle to get top talent. I am not sure there are enough top talent staffers for all the candidates running and the longer you wait the more likely you end up with Robby Mook as your Campaign Manager.

And Brown is just an absolute no. We need that Senate seat and he doesn't bring enough to the table to make giving that up worth it especially with his domestic abuse issues in the past.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 07:30:28 PM »

I like how so many people here are opposed to Brown seeking the Presidency instead of keeping his seat in Ohio, but no-one is complaining about the idea of the Democrats' best candidate in Texas running for President and not the Senate. Not inconsistent at all...

Seriously? This is stupid. The Dems hold Brown's seat. If he runs in 2020 and wins, we are down 1 Senate seat. If Beto runs and wins the presidency, it has 0 impact on the Senate makeup. We don't hold that seat.
Askew
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »

Garcetti is out per politico. Announcement to come at 8pm local time. Clears way for Harris to be sole CA candidate.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/29/eric-garcetti-will-not-run-for-president-1136400   

What are the chances he replaces her in the Senate if she goes to the White House?

Slim. I don't think Newsom appoints a man to fill a woman's seat. It will be another woman and likely a minority one.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies