US House Redistricting: Ohio (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 07:20:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  US House Redistricting: Ohio (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: US House Redistricting: Ohio  (Read 138013 times)
Benj

« on: April 07, 2013, 04:33:35 PM »

So I ended up redrawing all of Ohio's legislature for both houses. I started for basically two reasons, to get a feel for how the layout the state skews the partisan numbers, and to experiment with grouping three House seats into one Senate. The latter is actually a tad tricky, since you might have an area that's an obvious community of interest and has seven districts, but one has to be left out, and you end up with some awkward Senate districts. But those will come later. For now: House.

Just because Ohio doesn't follow their constitution is no reason for you to not do so.

The Ohio Constitution rules are terrible and internally inconsistent anyway. Not worth trying to follow.
Benj

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 09:13:51 AM »
« Edited: May 05, 2013, 09:21:58 AM by Benj »

I'd try connecting Akron to Canton and putting Columbiana County in with Mahoning and Trumbull, to the extent possible. Akron-Canton is a clear community of interest (they share an airport, family from Massilon would definitely consider Akron part of their area), as is the Pennsylvania border area (Lisbon and Columbiana city are clearly connected to Youngstown). Otherwise looks good, though.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies