If the South won the Civil War? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:38:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  History
  Alternative History (Moderator: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee)
  If the South won the Civil War? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If the South won the Civil War?  (Read 3392 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 07, 2018, 10:54:51 PM »

They would have elected Grover Cleveland and Woodrow Wilson, as president. Blacks wouldnt have been kept enslaved, but their rights to a public defender and Miranda rights wouldnt have been galvanized. It would have been same as South Africa apartheid.  And lynchings, maybe even to this day,, sparsely would have kept going on, due to no blacks having public defenders when whistling at females.

I'm not exactly sure how Grover Cleveland becomes President of the Confederacy.
Maybe if the Confederacy was able to gain control of the area of New York where Grover Cleveland lived during the time of the Civil War?

Mayor Fernando Wood would have approved.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 01:09:50 PM »

Considering one of my ancestors was poisoned for being the most prominent anti-secession landholder in the area - he was to be a delegate to the secession convention - I have to imagine they would be slaughtered or flee. They owned hundreds of acres, and because they didn’t keep slaves, they did very well for a while after the Civil War. Under this system, they would either be killed by a KKK equivalent or forced to flee.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies