Whig Party National Conference (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:50:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Whig Party National Conference (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Whig Party National Conference  (Read 52848 times)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »

[] Chicago, IL
[] Columbus, OH
[] Cleveland, OH
[] Pittsburgh, PA
[4] Indianapolis, IN
[5] Cincinnati, OH
[1] Atlantic City, NJ
[] St. Paul, MN
[] Niagara Falls, NY
[] Winona Lake, IN
[] Milford, IN
[] St. Louis, MO
[] Detroit, MI
[] Wichita, KS
[2] Denver, CO
[3] Birmingham, AL
[] Mandan, ND
[] Springfield, IL
[] Minneapolis, MN
[] Bird-In-Hand, PA
[] Fairfield Glade, TN
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2012, 03:59:05 PM »

Convention in Anytown, Atlasia- I love it!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

As do I...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »

Perhaps- we value diversity of opinion and having many candidates compete in the arena of ideas...we don't want to shut out other candidates (or an entire party) for a coronation ;-)
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »

Agreed- SJoyceFla
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2012, 04:15:17 PM »

Have a great vacation Pingvin- thank you for your service as Chairman
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

Simfan34- I agree completely that 20RP12 and I ought to encourage our supporters to 2nd prefernece each other...I sure will be second preferencing 20RP12. With the left agreeing to high preference each other- this is even more crucial
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2012, 11:45:24 PM »

I'd like to offer Pingvin the chance to step down...no confidence implies lack of faith in his abilities which isn't the case- Pingvin I urge you to step down considering your upcoming absence
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »

Yikes- sorry folks didn't meant to cause a crisis!
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2012, 01:55:59 AM »

For Simfan to be able to run for it- I propose a vote of no confidence for "Vice Chairman Vacancy"
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »

ONLY a suit jacket and tie? That sounds too informal to me...
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #61 on: May 26, 2012, 09:06:06 AM »

Do you have confidence in the current Vice Chair (vacant)?

[  ] Yes
[X] No
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2012, 01:15:21 PM »

1- Yelnoc and his running mate
2- Oakvale
3- Young Tweed
4- Napoleon

CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2012, 09:16:34 PM »

Chairman ZuWo, Vice Chairman SimFan, Members of the Whig Party, and Fellow Atlasians-

I am honored by your endorsement vote and I accept your nomination for President!

A great man once went on national television and asked “Who am I- why am I here?”... I sometimes ask myself the second question. The next First Lady of Atlasia (maybe the only First Lady of Atlasia!) asks me the question right now as I sit here typing this up... why the hell am I on this board with a bunch of teenagers and college kids and liberals? The answer is- because you all who I've “met” are very smart people and good people and I enjoy the conversations and discussions we have...I learn from all of you every day and I am grateful to be a part of this web community

My opponents are all good and smart people- all three of them. I'd also like to say that I respect two people who have left the race- Ben is a friend on the board and I am very glad to work with him in the Senate now... 20RP12 is a great fella who gets too much crap from you all and I am honored to have his support- though wish he would come on back to the Whigs! I also want to compliment the man I hope is my predecessor... Polnut is not the one I voted for in the last election (that would be my good friend ZuWo) but he has held the office with dignity and grace... he has done his best to find common ground and I've been glad to find it with him. But these folks- Napoleon, Oakvale, and Tweed- smart and have bright futures ahead of them.

However- let's put that aside for now... because I'm writing this sh**t to get your vote, not to get you to vote for them. I'm “an old” in life but not here on this board- but I'd like to think I've made my mark on the Fantasy Elections...I was an Imperial South Legislator and I am now a Senator. In these positions I've stood up for my views but worked to find common ground. In this record is where you find what distinguishes me from my opponents- I am not one who will reject an idea flat without any discussion- the purpose of this game is discussion!!! I'm also not some one who will say things just to be Mr. Popular

The purpose of this game is discussion- I repeat that again because I believe it. We're not here to throw catch phrases at each other like “Whig War on Women” or call folk “crazies” or reject ideas without any discussion- that's for the politicians in Washington to do and that's why all of us on this board- no matter what color the icon under our user name is- criticize them...enough with the one-liners and rigidity. I promise as your President I will lead discussions about every issue- no matter how much I disagree with the measure. Hell- I found Polnut's proposal for the national broadcaster to be  terrible but you know what- I sponsored it because (and I said this at the time) I wanted to discuss the issue... I argued against it and voted against it...but I think we all gained from the discussion. Let's take a step back and realize folks- this is an internet board and it's not as if a bill that passes the Senate here has an ounce of impact on an actual life, so let's take a step back and debate it...That's the President I will be

On the other extreme is the mentality that you should try to please every one and be Mr. Popular... you all know that isn't me either. I never yield for my beliefs- and I do not believe compromising is yielding. I will debate something I believe till I die and if it fails- then so be it, but I'll try my best... this would be boring however if the people I was debating were all conservatives! Right now we have a good guy as the President- he is called center-left by you folks... and you are complaining about lack of activity and interest....the cure to that is not more of the same- not another center-left nice guy President. Oakvale is a good fella and I am proud to endorse him for my 2nd prefernece- but what will fix the lull here is having a conservative President who is willing to discuss and debate issues... If you don't believe I'd make a fine President- I respect that. But if you tell me you dont want to vote for me because I am a conservative when Tmthfor94 is praised for a cross party endorsement.... and I'll tell you not much will change if you liberals vote only for yourselves... a right vs left debate will be more interesting then a left vs center-left debate...and the latter is all you folks will have if you don't vote for any conservatives. I'll veto left-wing bills the Senate passes and we'll talk it out some more...not gridlock but discussion- a balance of power that will put new energy in this game

Most of you know where I stand on the issues... I started a Presidential Debate post so we can talk them out...I hope to have  these discussions with my opponents but as always- ask me in my campaign thread if you have any questions about my views...

My friends- the boring is the predictable and the predictable is the boring... what's predictable is that the conservatives vote for me and liberals are split between the other three- and the other three combine to beat me in the last ballot...let's just be frank about it. That happens again and again it seems- even though I've only been around for one election I'm pretty good with getting the lay of the land in new places.... if you want the predictable you sure as hell don't want me. If you want someone old and new at the same time- Vote for Clarence.

I want to say a few words about my running mate- I am honored to have a young man as smart and astute as Yelnoc as my running mate... Yelnoc is a moderate and for those of you who are critical- that does NOT mean some one without beliefs...if means some one with moderate beliefs. But he has been Speaker of the Imperial Legislature since I started around here and he has experience presiding over a legislative body- he will make a fantastic Vice President if you give us the honor

Fellow Atlasians- I ask that you put your views aside and look at us candidates as people... consider our behavior in this game and on the board and our experiences as people... if you vote because you want to follow the party line of a fake internet party- what's the point of posting on the Fantasy board? Do you want some one who is arrogant and rude? Do you want some one who is a crowd pleaser and very similar to the status quo? Or do you want some one with views different from what is the norm around here but who puts those views on the table to talk and has had discussions with so many of you that have left us with mutual respect for each other... that is the type of man I aim to be on this board and in my life and that is the type of President I will aim to be if I get the honor...

Thank you and God Bless
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2012, 12:44:31 PM »

I couldn't agree with you more, Simfan

ZuWo, as I've told you privately but want to publicly also- you've been an outstanding leader and personally my "board mentor"...I may not have won but the fact that I was within reach of victory is due to your hard work and political acumen. The party is worse off without you as Chair, but fortunately you will be staying here as Governor of the Mideast and a senior member of the party
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

Aye... I'm glad we are doing this as a party as opposed to individuals
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2012, 08:47:12 AM »

ZuWo, thank you again for your service as Chairman

Simfan, congratulations!

I move to hold a vote of no confidence on Vice Chairman Vacancy
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2012, 12:22:06 PM »

Aye on my motion
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2012, 02:20:38 PM »

I will run if there are no others who'd like to
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: July 22, 2012, 12:13:26 AM »

Thank you all for the support- I encourage one of you to run but will do my best if I am chosen
CLARENCE 2015!
clarence
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »

That sounds good to me, Simfan- I will be going on a trip with my fiancee this weekend beginning Thursday to Monday... I will let you know by tomorrow evening
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies