Regional Protection Party
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:15:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regional Protection Party
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 65
Author Topic: Regional Protection Party  (Read 164068 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: August 22, 2008, 01:41:36 AM »

I didn't want to clutter up the voting booth, but can somebody try and convince me one way or the other on term limits for the Supremes?  (or point me to the appropriate thread)
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #126 on: August 22, 2008, 07:52:46 AM »

I didn't want to clutter up the voting booth, but can somebody try and convince me one way or the other on term limits for the Supremes?  (or point me to the appropriate thread)
It was a debate that came up awhile and I was trying to gauge opinions.  The idea isn't that the SC cannot serve more than 12 months, its that they have to be reconfirmed.  If a justice is not doing their job, the senate should have the right to remove them IMHO
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: August 22, 2008, 08:17:14 AM »

They can't impeach?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #128 on: August 22, 2008, 08:19:39 AM »

They could, but the process is lenghty and requires an incredible supermajority.  Under the term limits scenario, a simply majority is all that would be require for gaining another term.  And remember, one year is an enternity in Atlas time, very few justices serve that long.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #129 on: August 22, 2008, 09:23:08 AM »

Aye....makes sense.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2008, 11:55:20 AM »

The RPP will be coming out with a big announcement following the election

STAY TUNED
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2008, 12:05:19 PM »

It was a debate that came up awhile and I was trying to gauge opinions.  The idea isn't that the SC cannot serve more than 12 months, its that they have to be reconfirmed.  If a justice is not doing their job, the senate should have the right to remove them IMHO

Oh. If I had known that's what you meant, I would've voted yes.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2008, 12:37:48 PM »

The RPP will be coming out with a big announcement following the election

STAY TUNED

*stays tuned*
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2008, 12:48:44 PM »

Tell Duke to stop buying date rape drugs long enough to open the voting booth.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »

I've joined the party.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2008, 04:27:29 PM »

Smiley
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2008, 04:49:41 PM »

I was going to before, but I got really busy and kinda forgot.  lol
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »

Smiley  Welcome to the Party.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2008, 05:51:51 PM »

The map through Inks:

In total, we have 5 members in the Southeast, 4 in the Mideast, 2 in the Midwest, & 1 in the Northeast.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2008, 08:01:04 PM »

One of Down's many interesting features is the fact that he's too cowardly to respond to just criticism.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2008, 08:37:21 PM »

One of Down's many interesting features is the fact that he's too cowardly to respond to just criticism.
??  Idk the last time I refused to answer a question.  If I missed something feel free to bump it and I'll answer it
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »

That's a lie. I did not accuse you of loving the holocaust I find your attitude towards the holocaust (which is characterised by callous, brattish sneering and a total lack of humanity) to be utterly despicable and to reflect extremely poorly on you as a person, but that's not the same thing.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

You are either an anti-semite or so utterly clueless as to find pretending to be an anti-semite amusing. I look at anything you write about the Jews in the light of that. And so should everyone else.

Now lets see... at the time I made that little remark the only members of your party (whatever it was called then) that I was aware of were you and that nasty rape-loving racist, Duke. Both you are trolls. I wouldn't make that claim now as there are clearly non-trolls in your party (though I've no idea why).
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2008, 08:48:51 PM »

That's a lie. I did not accuse you of loving the holocaust I find your attitude towards the holocaust (which is characterised by callous, brattish sneering and a total lack of humanity) to be utterly despicable and to reflect extremely poorly on you as a person, but that's not the same thing.
That's not my view of the Holocaust at all, the comment was mocking people who think of the Holocaust as something to take lightly

That statement is so absurd there is really nothing to respond with.  See statement above

There is nothing that suggests either myself or Duke fits the definition of a troll.  The fact that we disagree with you does not make us trolls.  Obviously a lot of people feel the same way considering those that joined the party and voted in the affirmative for getting me as the chair
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2008, 09:42:57 PM »
« Edited: August 22, 2008, 09:44:31 PM by Al Sibboleth »

That's not my view of the Holocaust at all, the comment was mocking people who think of the Holocaust as something to take lightly

People who do not understand irony cannot claim it in order to defend themselves.

Your own words do defeat you:

Hardcore jews are some dangerous people and they definetly have more influence over our government.

Everytime I see this topic I keep thinking it says "Impact of Jews on the Movies"

I hate the term "anti-Semetic", people get the impression that Semetic is somehow synonumous with "jew" which it is not at all.  It pretty much means the Middle East as a whole I believe. 

The fact that I despise Israel and would support Muslims over Jews no matter what the case (balance purposes) in an election isn't really closested Tongue

I know convinced due to today's spike Israel is responsible for high gas prices, yet we keep supporting these bastards

This is just more proof that the existence of a Jewish state in Israel is the biggest road block to world peace

1.) I believe he knew about it
2.) He attacked the wrong goddamn country, much worse than Bush going after Iraq AFTER Afghanistan
3.) His aid of the British and taking it up the ass from Churchill is why they were so pissed

===

1.) Lincoln encouraged war too, this was nothing new
2.) He went to war with Japan after Germany
3.) Sounds like the stupid Israeli policy that is screwing us now

Then there's this sorry thread: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=52952.0
And some stuff here also: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=43926.0

And so on and so forth. Plenty more out there. I'm sure that you'll now claim irony again (though see my earlier post for why that'd still be disgusting). Or trot out your sad little cop-out that "hating Israel isn't anti-semitic".

One of the many interesting things about the virus of anti-semitism is quite how obsessive those who suffer from it can become. Seeps into all kinds of things. Of course, it's possible that you're just a nasty little shit who gets a kick out of pretending to be an anti-semite because other people find anti-semitism so disgusting. Either way...

You are certainly both monsters, and that's proof enough for me.

Amusing. Actually I get on quite well with plenty of people here who I disagree with greatly in political matters.

I wonder how many would have done so if they knew that you have proudly declared that you would vote for Hitler.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #144 on: August 23, 2008, 01:53:59 AM »

Sad
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #145 on: August 23, 2008, 01:55:26 AM »

Sad about anything in particular?
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2008, 07:22:58 AM »

My two personal favorites that Al pulled out of there was when I said "Effect of Jews on the Movies" because I read it wrong, and when I defined that anti-Semitism was commonly mistaken to only refer to Jews when it technically means the Middle East as a whole.  But seriously Al, get a life instead of reading old threads desperatley trying to find something that does not exist.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2008, 12:16:54 PM »

Congrats everyone!  We got every single member of the party out to vote Smiley
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:24 PM »

Now, with 13 members we are the second largest party in Atlasia.  Thanks to PiT's recruiting and an effort to keep all our members active, we hope to remain a force.  Even if a huge movement knocks me off in the last few hours, we showed that we are something to be reckon with.

Hopefully in the next nationwide election we can run 2 candidates, and the presidential race remains up in the air for now.  The big announcement on our future is tentatively scheduled for later on tonight.
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2008, 05:18:12 PM »

And here is the big announcement (alright maybe it won't excite you that much Smiley ):

BREAKING NEWS
Following the pickup of a senate seat in the recent August midterm election, the RPP looks to build on its success.  For this, it is only appropriate that the party turns to the region where it exploded and to the person who made it all possible.  It is with great pleasure that I announce PiT will be making his fantasy politics debut in the October Southeast senate race!

Alright, so maybe its not that big of a deal but we want to make sure our party keeps paying attention Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 65  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies