How Much Do You Hate Bush? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 10:34:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  How Much Do You Hate Bush? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How Much Do You Hate Bush?  (Read 2786 times)
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« on: October 15, 2004, 10:20:43 PM »

I don't hate Bush.  I think he's honestly doing what he thinks is best for America, and I can respect that much.  I disagree with anyone who's trying to make it out as if he's the anti-Christ or as if this is 100% true (although it is very amusing).  He's not, and it's not.  He's a patriotic American doing his best to be president.

However, that said, I don't like him as a president, even though I have nothing personally against him.  There's a difference between being resolute and being mind-bogglingly stubborn.  Tony Blair admitted that, given that massive amount of hate mail he gets over the Iraq War, he does sometimes have doubts regarding its merits.  Bush does not.  Bush has openly said he has never had and still doesn't have any doubts whatsoever.  Bush has no doubts whatsoever regarding anything.  He has openly said that he doesn't "do nuance" and that once he makes a decision he never, ever changes his mind.  I personally think it does not make a good leader for someone to be so extremely stubborn and unflinching that you openly and consciously try not to ever change your mind on an issue no matter what new evidence comes to light.

I also don't agree with many of his policies, but that has mostly been covered by other people.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies