IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 01:52:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day! (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: IL-3 Dem Primary: Election Day!  (Read 81007 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« on: November 17, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »

glad to see gillibrand's willing to endorse the democrat over the republican
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 10:47:24 PM »

Okay I started a thread about abortion.

Again though the only reason I brought it up is because the disgusting justice democrats want Lipinski defeated since he is pro life.

absolutely not, there are many reasons i hate dan lipinski (voting against the ACA is a greater sin than being anti-abortion in my book)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 11:26:16 PM »

He voted against it because it had to much abortion coverage in it so that goes back to him being pro life.

yeah, that's not true (he said some bullsh*t about the national debt) and also I don't really care about his motivations. for whatever reason, he voted against the most significant piece of domestic policy that Democrats have created since the 1960s.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 02:06:45 AM »

Does anyone else in this thread have the first-hand experience of VPH on this matter? Anyone?

me! because i read the ACA roll call vote, and that's all i really need.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 08:29:56 AM »

No it is not all you really need. Lol. I would go so far as to say his vote against the ACA ought to be held up as ultimately meaningless, or at least, not important.
Your views about Representative Lipinski are ignorant of political realities, and not held by the people of Illinois' 3rd congressional district. If they were, he would have been primaried years ago.
you can't just string words together and pretend they mean things lmao
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 12:09:41 PM »

Please explain why he has always won renomination over and over again.
i don't care? that's not relevant to the question of whether he sucks or not (the answer is yes, extremely)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 12:20:10 PM »

Doesn't he have good constituent services? Isn't that an important part of a congresscritter's job?
again, I don't care how personally charming dan lipinski is, he's a bad person who pushes policies that make people's lives worse (ex: voting against the ACA, his anti-abortion nonsense, etc)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 02:26:28 PM »

Great profile in the Independent
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 01:37:59 PM »

And the 3rd Congressional is not what you think of as Chicago. I mean look at this map. Yes, the furthest NE corner of the map are in Chicago, but the vast majority of the district is in the blue-collar suburbs, with a population largely made up of religious descendents of Irish, Polish, Greek, Italian, Czech and Mexican immigrants. This district has even been called a home to the Reagan Democrats. Whether you like it or not, Lipinksi represents the values of his constituents. Outside forces trying to shoehorn in someone who doesn't represent her constituents but will toe the national party line is narrow-minded, and really appalling.

yeah dude, the southwest suburbs are well-known for their hatred of affordable healthcare and opposition to a higher minimum wage. there's a tendency in this thread to view Lipinski as some sort of champion of the working class, from the mythical "communitarian" chunk of the political compass. in truth, he's just a fossilized conservadem increasingly out of step with his district — not just on issues like abortion and LGBT rights, but on a whole host of economic issues.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 10:26:36 PM »

It's funny how out of touch people on here and nationally are with the good, humble, hardworking people of this district.  Even if Lipinski loses due to a small and angry minority, he will run in the general and win.

Does Illinois allow primary loser to run in the general?

Nope
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »

Cool pic of Chicago's Republican Congressman yucking it up with Paul Ryan after the tax bill passed

News also broke today that Lipinski will be headlining the March for Life.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2017, 05:25:03 PM »

I think Gillibrand should be disciplined by schumer and other democrats. You don't endorse someone to challenge someone in your own party.

Second, Lipinski is a typical catholic democrat from a working class district. Really no different from Dan Rostenkowski or Jerry Costello.
Yes, Dan Lipinski is no different from a lot of Democrats who are no longer in office. He should follow their example, and Gillibrand should be commended for helping him along.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 07:33:39 PM »

^VPH's post which you just brushed aside
To you Lipinski haters: you have never interned for Lipinski. You almost don't have a right to talk...

"to you Ryan haters: you have never interned for Paul Ryan. You almost don't have a right to talk..."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 08:22:24 PM »

Our Illinoisan posters from Chicagoland have been adopting a different tack on him than you have collectively done as a group. Illiniwek, GreenLine, etc. Shouldn't that count for something?
I live on the south side of Chicago and I think he sucks.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 09:32:29 AM »

State Sen. Toi Hutchinson (Chicago Heights, Kankanee, Homewood) and State Rep. Theresa Mah (Bridgeport, Pilsen, Back of the Yards) have endorsed Newman.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2018, 12:32:10 PM »

SEIU is big. Expect PP might endorse within the next week.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2018, 01:50:25 PM »

Newman can win this primary. No doubt about it.
Is it possible for Lipinski to replicate what Joe Lieberman did in 2006?
No. IL has a sore loser law.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2018, 02:34:28 PM »

I think Lipinski is really in trouble. But I also think it depends on who wins the governor race. If Pritzker wins this district, I doubt Lipinski goes anywhere but if Biss wins IL-3, he's toast.

I don't think it'll be tied that closely — there will be plenty of Pritzker/Newman voters, especially among union voters who don't trust Biss. The IFT, for instance, has endorsed both Newman and Pritzker.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2018, 08:45:45 AM »

His record in Congress involves bringing a train station to his district just this past year, along with leadership on transportation issues (his district includes some rail yards too, atop all of that). How is that awful?
"On the one hand, he's an amoral monster who supports all the horrid policies advanced by the Republicans. On the other, he managed to secure part of the money to refurbish the second-largest Metra station in La Grange."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2018, 06:07:31 PM »

It seems to me like these primary challenges are a clash between the old school union Dems and the young Obama style Democrats.
This is not a particularly useful binary, especially in this district — SEIU & AFT went for Newman, and both are fairly reliable on labor issues.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2018, 10:01:18 AM »

important update on atlas's favorite moderate reasonable problem-solver
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 11:32:03 AM »

His record in Congress involves bringing a train station to his district just this past year, along with leadership on transportation issues (his district includes some rail yards too, atop all of that). How is that awful?

So, about this...
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 10:21:22 PM »

Preckwinkle is good, actually -- more importantly, she's another vaguely establishment-aligned IL Dem figure throwing their weight behind Newman. Suggests nobody, at least in the regular Democratic orgs, will be swooping in at the last second to save Lipinski
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2018, 12:20:32 AM »

anyone here sort of upset at the lack of decorum?

lmao who cares
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2018, 11:36:06 AM »

DOG SWEAT INTENSIFYING
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies