Oklahoma: Where people co-existed with dinosaurs (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Oklahoma: Where people co-existed with dinosaurs (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Oklahoma: Where people co-existed with dinosaurs  (Read 3204 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: February 22, 2013, 11:14:08 PM »

I am surprisingly against this measure.  As much as I agree with creationism more than evolution, I also respect the separation of church and state.  The classroom needs to teach evolution as a theory, not as a fact, but does not need to discuss creationism because of the taxpayer funding.  Children should be allowed to discuss their opinion and refute the theories that are being taught, but only if the assignment calls for their opinion or an editorial-type assignment.  The same goes with a religion class that teaches creationism.  The student should be allowed to give their opinion and refute the subject at hand if the assignment.  Note that this is a big change from previous positions I've held, but with a clearer head I can see things a little differently.  As the Bible says in Ecclesiastes 3 - There is a time and place for everything.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies