Biden predicts he will run for the presidency in 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:36:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden predicts he will run for the presidency in 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden predicts he will run for the presidency in 2020  (Read 1217 times)
Shadows
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 06, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »

Vice President Joe Biden told a small group of reporters Monday that he may run for president in 2020.

"Yeah, I am. I am going to run in 2020," Biden said when asked if he would run for office again. When asked what role he would seek, the 74-year-old vice president responded: "For president. And also, you know so, what the hell man, anyway."

The vice president said, however, he wasn't making a commitment to run when reporters asked if he was kidding.

"I'm not committing not to run. I'm not committed to anything. I learned a long time ago, fate has a strange way of intervening," he said.

Biden would be 77 years old on Election Day in 2020.

I think we will see 2 old men fighting in Biden vs Sanders & most Hillary supporters will go for Biden - Another close divisive race.

Biden supported TPP, NAFTA & the Iraq War, opposes marijuana legalization, etc etc so there will be similar divergence with Sanders & it in a similar establishment vs progressive fight!
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 08:19:22 AM »
« Edited: December 06, 2016, 08:23:39 AM by UWS »

If he wants to win in 2020, Biden could play the card of Barack Obama's popularity (lower unemployement at the end of Obama's presidency, Osama Bin Laden's death, etc.) and he could select a running mate about as progressive as Bernie Sanders like Keith Ellison, for example, which would reunite the establishment and the hard-core left-wing of the Democratic Party, which Hillary Clinton did not by selecting Tim Kaine.

In addition, selecting Ellison as Biden's running could help him to counter the age issue (Biden being 77 in 2020 while Ellison will be 57, which is youg enough) and Ellison's very liberal/progressive standing could help Biden winning, of course, Ellison's home state of Minnesota but also industrial states that Hillary Clinton lost in 2016 (Wisconsin, Michigan and maybe even Iowa and Ohio). Since Ellison is from the African-American community, I think his vice-presidential candidacy could help Biden winning battleground states with an important African-American population (North Carolina, Virginia).
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 08:54:41 AM »

Joe, you've skipped your best and last chance to run.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 09:39:59 AM »

Mr. Vice President, I really like you. You have been a great public servant and a true partner for our great President Obama. America owes great thanks to you. I would have supported you this year. But I think, by 2020, it is time to move forward with fresh new faces and not the club of 70+ politicians. No Sanders or Warren either, please. Kamala Harris, Martin Heinrich, Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, John Bel Edwards; these folks are the future of the Democratic Party and should be our party’s face in the 2020s.
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 12:02:04 PM »

He will not run and, if he did, he would not win the nomination.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »

Joe's probably too old. But if polls start showing him crushing Trump in hypotheticals, then I don't care.
Make My Bank Account Great Again
KingCharles
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2016, 05:16:24 PM »

Joe's probably too old. But if polls start showing him crushing Trump in hypotheticals, then I don't care.

Didn't polls show Hillary crushing Trump early on as well?
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2016, 01:15:09 AM »

Giving the Obama administration a voice in the primaries is important.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2016, 01:20:06 AM »

I hope he runs, but I don't think I'll vote for him.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »

I wish we could just run Obama again. I do support the two term limit rule, but maybe it should be like in Russia, where you can return to the presidency after a term out of office.
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2016, 02:34:29 PM »

Kamala Harris, Martin Heinrich, Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, John Bel Edwards; these folks are the future of the Democratic Party and should be our party’s face in the 2020s.

Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2016, 02:36:20 PM »

Mr. Vice President, I really like you. You have been a great public servant and a true partner for our great President Obama. America owes great thanks to you. I would have supported you this year. But I think, by 2020, it is time to move forward with fresh new faces and not the club of 70+ politicians. No Sanders or Warren either, please. Kamala Harris, Martin Heinrich, Kirsten Gillibrand, Cory Booker, Tulsi Gabbard, John Bel Edwards; these folks are the future of the Democratic Party and should be our party’s face in the 2020s.

mods pls ban, Bernie and Warren pls Glass-Stegal
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies