New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 08:49:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)  (Read 15165 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: June 21, 2018, 03:09:50 AM »

Why did they grant the permit to begin with? I don’t think white nationalists should be censored, but it’s not like the Charlottesville guy of all people has the best track record regardless of what he believes.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2018, 09:48:27 PM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things.  

When has there ever been a time where "Nazis not escalate things?" (Either in the early 1940's or today?)
They're Nazis!

I find it hilarious you're not also calling out the "Punch a Nazi" idiots.

"Both sides do it!"

You have to be quite morally vacant to unironically argue from that standpoint.

Assaulting someone because you don't like their views is stupid, plain and simple. Not hard to understand.

You don't have any room to talk about someone being morally vacant if you seriously think that's acceptable.

LOL! Fighting Nazis is "assaulting someone because you don't like their political views"? So the soldiers in the trenches of Europe in WWII shooting at the Germans were "assaulting someone because they don't like their views"?
Congratulations, you just demonstrated that you can comprehend the concept of that whole "war" thing.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2018, 10:16:58 PM »

It wouldn't surprise me if some government elements were involved in organizing these rallies (they are almost certainly infiltrated in the groups), with one of the aims being to discredit Trump.
Thomas Wictor, the oracle of Trump Twitter, raised that theory today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »

Sooo... I'm debating whether I should swing by the rally and take pictures or avoid it all together. Any thoughts?
Sanchez and I will be there for research purposes.
And we'll be dressed as ghosts to scare away Antifa!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 01:51:40 PM »

Recently, I’m beginning to wonder if Fuzzy Bear is a real Christian.
Our resident incel is apparently the arbitrator of one’s faith.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 01:52:30 PM »

Question for those who know computers (more than I do) ...

Why is it that I cannot see this image when I open the page using Internet Explorer, yet when I open it using Google Chrome, I can see it just fine?
(I'm being serious, so please no "because IE sucks" responses. Exception: Santander will say this just for spite.)
Serious question: are you 78 years old or are you 11? I can’t tell.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »

Why is it that I cannot see this image when I open the page using Internet Explorer, yet when I open it using Google Chrome, I can see it just fine?
(I'm being serious, so please no "because IE sucks" responses. Exception: Santander will say this just for spite.)
I don't know, but it does the same for me (the picture isn't there in IE, but is in Chrome).  I hate to say it, but I think the answer actually is "because IE sucks".

I think it's the jews
The Joos can do magic Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 04:11:42 PM »

From what I've seen thus far, this is a perfect example of how these types of situations should occur. It's one thing to scream back and forth at one another (I've been participating in events like that since I sign-waved for McCain ten years ago), it's a whole another thing to start punching people just because you don't like their politics. Hopefully this will hold and we won't see another Charlottesville.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2018, 06:18:16 PM »

Confederate monuments and flags should be removed and put in historical museums. Period.

The Republican Party needs to stop coddling Confederates and say this loudly.

This is why I don't think Nikki Haley could have a path to a future GOP nomination with the party so Southern-centric.
I disagree. Trust me, as someone who has been active in grassroots stuff for ten years now, there is literally nothing a crowd of Republicans love more than the lone black conservative at a Tea Party/Trump rally. There's a reason the Blacks 4 Trump guys (who, btw, are friends of a dear friend of mine) always get down to the front row.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2018, 08:45:45 PM »

The average Southerner fought because they were fooled to believe, by their leaders, that it was about "their home being invaded." The idiots (who in that time, were highly uneducated) fell for it hook, line and sinker
Similar to today (can you believe it, in the modern year 2016) .... the trump cultists (also uneducated morons) are on some similar fringe cause because "their (white) culture" is "being invaded."

Ah yes, the uneducated Southernor, fooled into believing that the country invading his home had intentions of invading his home
Fort Sumter was asking for it
You are right, they should've gotten the hell out of Charleston.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2018, 09:03:37 PM »

That hilarious moment when people seriously think some dumb, edgy "Nazis" shouting ignorant stuff is the same thing as real Nazis that actually invaded other countries, murdered millions of people, and tortured many more.

If "resistance" morons stopped giving them the time of day, they'd mostly fade away back into irrelevance and continue to be some radical fringe group with no real voice.

As other have pointed out, this post demonstrates total ignorance of history. The Nazi movement didn’t begin by invading Poland, it was the culmination of a pattern of escalating violence which began with, yes, street marches of violent young thugs
Nazism started when the Imperialist entante powers attempted to chain down Germany once and for all. Those harsh terms resulted in many good people joining an unsavory movement. In that sense, there is at least a slight comparison to your prior arguments.

But ftaghan is right. People argue its "ok to punch Nazis" because they'd persecute them should they ever come to power. This is stupid. Do you guys think all 10,000 or so Neo-Nazis are going to somehow organize and take over the government? Are you really that fearful of the world around you?

Let the Nazis march. All they are doing is destroying their own brand. And now that it is considered acceptable to punch fascists, what is going to stop them from bunching you?

It was nice seeing Sanchez again. Nice weather, and mosquito-free as usual.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies