New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:06:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: New Charlottesville 'white civil rights rally' in DC (Unite the Right 2)  (Read 15160 times)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 21, 2018, 12:37:41 AM »
« edited: August 06, 2018, 03:10:39 PM by ProudModerate2 »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2018, 12:42:12 AM »

Here we go again.
Home Depot needs to prepare by overstocking their nearby stores with extra tiki torches.
Bed, Bath and Beyond should prepare with extra white sheets.

And the big question since it will be held in Washington DC, is will the Orange Fuhrer himself, come out to join this filth, and help in their group chant, screaming "Jews will not replace us!"
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 11:08:15 AM »

Have you considered that the increasing activity of these groups is an actual indicator of increasing radical rightism in the U.S., and not a completely unrelated coincidence used by those violent leftists to spread their shrill propaganda?

These people are coming in to attempt to intimidate those they see as lesser. This is why they come to the most left-leaning cities in the nation - Charlottesville, Richmond, Boston, and now DC - because they all dream of being 'based stick man' and seeing their political opponents fear them. This is provocation, and cannot be ignored by the residents who just want to live in peace. Where those flags go unopposed, burning crosses are not far behind. You can continue to see this as baseless hyperbole if you want, until these people show up at your front door.

Fuzzy doesn't consider any facts related to these scum. Once before he down-played the existence and evil of the white nationalists, KKK and Nazis as "a group that was already here in the US, so I don't worry about them" (paraphrasing). But on the other hand, he will tell you with every fiber in his body and with extreme details, the existence and horror of MS-13. He will go on and on about "MS-13," and using Fuzzy's words, will describe them as if "the sky is falling."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 11:30:30 AM »

Why did they grant the permit to begin with? I don’t think white nationalists should be censored, but it’s not like the Charlottesville guy of all people has the best track record regardless of what he believes.

My read suggests no permit has yet been granted

I guess there is a two-step process of some kind. The article says that the NPS (National Park Service) "has approved Kessler's request, but has yet to grant a permit."
So I don't know where it goes from here.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 12:31:30 PM »

Fully expecting the media to give the alt-right exactly the attention they want.

Fully expecting trump to give the alt-right the legitimacy they want, by describing them as "very fine people (on both sides)."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 01:00:42 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2018, 09:44:30 PM »

Looking forward to many of these marchers getting fired after their identities are made known to their employers.

Why should this happen if these folks break no laws and are not causing a hostile work environment at their job?

A new all-time low for FuzzyBear.
Now he is defending bigoted, white-nationalist Nazis.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 07:35:26 PM »

Are we really afraid of 200 Nazis?  Aren't there like, 3 million people in DC alone that would love to yell things at proud racists? and beat the snot out of them if sh**t goes sideways?  Let the bigots march, show 'em how many more non-bigots there are.

You don't let a snake-oil salesman sell poison as medicine.
You don't let someone put a pile of dog feces on the table at the potluck.
And you don't let someone falsely shout "FIRE!" in a crowded theater, because it untrue and because it's dangerous.
Why provide a prominent platform and a free publicly to people who would do away with platforms and forums for everyone but themselves?

Completely agree.
If your remember, the vast, vast majority of those interviewed after Charlottesville told the media they were normal, family-like people. Teachers, nurses, waitresses, retail workers, etc ... all of them there because they wanted to send these scum bags and their supporters a message that they were not wanted in their community, their city, their nation.

This is a powerful message that we must all hear, and the media did their jobs here (in Charlottesville) by showing the world what it was all about. So equally, the media should fulfill the same responsibility in DC (this upcoming event).
What doesn't help, is the powerful message our own president sends, by referring to the scum as "very fine people."
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2018, 03:26:42 PM »

**UPDATE**

It seems that the white-supremacist rally will be a go, this coming weekend Aug 11/12.
It is referred to as the "Unite the Right 2" rally, by the scum who are planning it.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2018, 03:27:21 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2018, 03:35:57 PM »
« Edited: August 06, 2018, 03:38:59 PM by ProudModerate2 »

Why did they pick a County that gave Trump only 4% of the vote in 2016. Literally his lowest in the entire nation.

I guess the Nazis wanted to be close to their Fuhrer.
The park/area they will be gathering at (Lafayette Square), will be right across the street from the White House.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2018, 03:47:20 PM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things.  

When has there ever been a time where "Nazis not escalate things?" (Either in the early 1940's or today?)
They're Nazis!
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 04:24:32 PM »

Here's to hoping both the Nazis and the people out there counter protesting can get their act together and not escalate things.  

When has there ever been a time where "Nazis not escalate things?" (Either in the early 1940's or today?)
They're Nazis!

I find it hilarious you're not also calling out the "Punch a Nazi" idiots.

Would you also like us to criticize and "call out" the US/English/WWII-Allied soldiers who fought against the Nazis in the early 1940's?
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 05:39:03 PM »

An article from Vox also says:

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »

Will Donald Trump be honorably speaker?

He might as well hold a rally there too.

Agree.
The same "style" of supporters would be present, anyways.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2018, 03:29:36 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2018, 11:00:31 PM »

Although unrelated to the DC rally, here is an interesting story that was just released by CNN ...

A Swastika-wearing, white supremacist is destroying the small town of Ulysses, Pennsylvania with his images of hate and words of bigotry (who says ""rural America spoke up when they elected Trump").

Watch video here: https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2018/08/10/ulysses-pennsylvania-sidner-erin-pkg-vpx.cnn
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2018, 12:12:26 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »

Question for those who know computers (more than I do) ...

Why is it that I cannot see this image when I open the page using Internet Explorer, yet when I open it using Google Chrome, I can see it just fine?
(I'm being serious, so please no "because IE sucks" responses. Exception: Santander will say this just for spite.)
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 10:40:10 PM »

ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2018, 01:31:15 PM »

Why is it that I cannot see this image when I open the page using Internet Explorer, yet when I open it using Google Chrome, I can see it just fine?
(I'm being serious, so please no "because IE sucks" responses. Exception: Santander will say this just for spite.)

I don't know, but it does the same for me (the picture isn't there in IE, but is in Chrome).  I hate to say it, but I think the answer actually is "because IE sucks".

I think it's the jews

Smiley
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2018, 05:45:30 PM »

This is ridiculous.
A year later, he decides to change his tune.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 11:22:16 PM »

The counterprotestors are there specifically to escalate things.

This cannot be overemphasized.

Yes it can, and has been. Badly.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 01:32:27 PM »

I know that leftists want to abolish place and history, but even you should know that ceremonies held in Washington, D.C. take on a significance beside that of being held in a city.

Are you really that daft? Do you know anything about Confederate monuments?

What do you expect me to say? Do I know that most Confederate monuments were actually built in the 1910s and 1920s? Yes, I do. What's the rest of your point?

As you have indicated, the vast majority of Confederate monuments were erected in the 1910's & 20's when Southern states were enacting Jim Crow laws.
There was also a significant, yet smaller spike in the 1950's & 60's during the Civil Rights movement.

See this graphic on this website (link below), showing the numbers and distribution of monuments over time. The article also points out that:
The chart illustrates upticks in the construction of Confederate monuments on courthouse grounds after the landmark Plessy v. Ferguson case in 1896 upheld state segregation laws. The construction of monuments outside of schools jumped after the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education ruling, in which the Supreme Court deemed state laws segregating public schools to be unconstitutional.

So you can drop your "leftists want to abolish place and history" shtick.
All the evidence above shows that Southerners weren't really concerned about "history" when erecting these monuments. But instead, it was about using them as symbols of hate and intimidation.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/718507/striking-graphic-reveals-construction-confederate-monuments-peaked-during-jim-crow-civil-rights-eras
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2018, 01:56:00 PM »

As you have indicated, the vast majority of Confederate monuments were erected in the 1910's & 20's when Southern states were enacting Jim Crow laws.
There was also a significant, yet smaller spike in the 1950's & 60's during the Civil Rights movement.

See this graphic on this website (link below), showing the numbers and distribution of monuments over time. The article also points out that:
The chart illustrates upticks in the construction of Confederate monuments on courthouse grounds after the landmark Plessy v. Ferguson case in 1896 upheld state segregation laws. The construction of monuments outside of schools jumped after the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education ruling, in which the Supreme Court deemed state laws segregating public schools to be unconstitutional.

So you can drop your "leftists want to abolish place and history" shtick.
All the evidence above shows that Southerners weren't really concerned about "history" when erecting these monuments. But instead, it was about using them as symbols of hate and intimidation.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/718507/striking-graphic-reveals-construction-confederate-monuments-peaked-during-jim-crow-civil-rights-eras

Southern states started enacting Jim Crow laws in the late 19th century, though. Plus, as your graph indicates, the largest spike in public Confederate commemoration was already on the decline when the Klan was reformed in the 1910s. If anything, the strongest correlation is with the aging of Civil War veterans and the passage of the Civil War from people's living memory. Which makes perfect sense.

It "makes perfect sense" to Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and white supremacists.
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies