Community Timeline Concepts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:42:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Community Timeline Concepts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: If I were to open a community-contributed timeline, which concept would you most like to see?
Star of the Southwest 3.0

Freudian Slip

Currently Unnamed "Ideal 2020" Timeline

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 15

Author Topic: Community Timeline Concepts  (Read 518 times)
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 29, 2019, 10:44:24 PM »

Howdy, y'all. Been a while since I set foot in this neck of the woods.

So, the long story short is that I'm thinking of establishing a "community timeline" of sorts. I'm a horrendously inconsistent writer when it comes to regularly updating stories and writing at a steady pace, but I also want to try my hand at political fiction again. The thinking would be that I'd assemble a team of prospective writers, form a consensus as to the plot and proceedings of the timeline with WI community input, and then post regular updates that way.

Assuming that this idea meets approval and is not, in fact, terrible, I've been mulling over three concepts to this end.

• Star of the Southwest 3.0 - Another great revival of my first ever written timeline, centering around a 2011 where Gabrielle Giffords is not as severely wounded in Tucson and goes on to lead a national career. Sort of a relic of my Cactus days, but I still like it.
  • Freudian Slip - My first ever timeline concept and 100% undiluted Wyoming wank. Dave Freudenthal runs for president in 2008 and political trends wildly change from there.
  • Currently Untitled - Basically just good, old-fashioned 2020 dreaming and speculation. If I had my way about it, it would be the path to the Warren presidency and a great 2020 cycle for Democrats.

Input greatly appreciated. Until then, adios. Smiley
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 11:48:50 PM »

One of Southwest 3 or Wyoming wank.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 06:01:33 AM »

Dave Freudenthal or Star of the Southwest
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »

So, UPDATE: the results are in, and I've decided that I'd like to go ahead with both the Giffords timeline and the Wyoming wank. As I am, in fact, a terribly inconsistent writer - as previously mentioned - and also currently working on a legit-s**t novel, however, I am very pressingly in the market for community cowriters who have an interest in contributing to the creative process of one or both timelines. All interested parties welcome.

- Sven
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies