Most socially conservative Gore state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:52:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most socially conservative Gore state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most socially conservative Gore state  (Read 12274 times)
Brambila
Brambilla

« on: August 30, 2004, 04:48:35 PM »

I just threw it out there as a sort of wildcard that no one else would think to say.  It is VERY partisan democrat, but the church going rate tends to be high, I think.  Blacks, who make up  a sizable portion of the electorate, tend to oppose abortion and gay marriage for example, making them more conservative socially than most Gore states.  Remember, the poll said conservative, not Republican.

Also, I clicked other thinking I'd vote Tennessee.  Then I remembered that Gore lost TN, so I had to think of another state that wasn't listed in the poll.  The best case I could make was DC.

Nah, the NAACP is very powerful there (they're trying to get a grip on Catholic U, but the University constantly denies them a right to a student organization), and so most of the blacks there are socially as well as fiscally liberal. But you're right- a lot of blacks are socially conservative. One of my good friends is black and fairly conservative socially (he's still liberal).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies