Most socially conservative Gore state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:22:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most socially conservative Gore state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most socially conservative Gore state  (Read 12272 times)
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« on: August 31, 2004, 01:59:36 AM »

You wish.  I'd go Iowa or New Mexico.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 01:21:59 AM »

Pennsylvania.  With Rick Santorum as their senator, they're either voting blatantly against what they believe in, or they're socially conservative Smiley

New Mexico and Iowa maybe tied.  Thing is there is no strkingly socially liberal area in Iowa or New Mexico, while there is in Pennsylvania.  It is true that Central PA is like Kentucky, but the Southeast and to a lesser extent the Southwest balance the boondocks.
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 02:12:57 AM »

On social issues, Pittsburgh and it's suburbs are conservative. Economically they might be liberal but socially they are conservative.

Since when? I know a couple social conservatives in Bethel Park... but that's about it... Maybe if you count Butler County as a suburb of Pittsburgh, then you could argue that.

Most socially conservative would be Iowa, New Mexico second, Pennsylvania third.

Southeastern PA newspapers practically barbecue social conservatism.  Philadelphia and it's suburbs are socially liberal with few exceptions.  I will concede to KeystonePhil that Northeast Philadelphia may be the most socially conservative part of the great Southeastern part of PA, but I would consider it socially moderate at worst.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies