Most socially conservative Gore state (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:27:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2000 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Most socially conservative Gore state (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Most socially conservative Gore state  (Read 12281 times)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« on: August 30, 2004, 04:44:49 PM »

Pennsylvania
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 07:21:06 AM »

I wish? IrishDem, I know it pains you to admit this but Pennsylvania is one of the most socially conservative states. Look past Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs and you'd see what I am talking about.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 03:32:11 PM »

I wish? IrishDem, I know it pains you to admit this but Pennsylvania is one of the most socially conservative states. Look past Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs and you'd see what I am talking about.

Well, Philadelphia and it's surrounding suburbs make up a large part of the state, Keystone. Just because 50% of the state is made up of a few people living in a small town in the middle of nowhere, doesn't mean the state is socially Conservative.

I'm sorry but I'm not going to argue this point. PA is a socially conservative state. Sure Philly and the suburbs make up a large part of the state. Philly is the liberal base but look at NE Philly (where me and IrishDem live). NE Philly makes up 1/3 of the city. Now if EVERYONE in Philly and the surrounding suburbs was socially liberal, then the state would be socially liberal. But that's not the case.

(And by the way, Philly and the surrounding suburbs don't make up 50% of PA.)
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 04:28:24 PM »

Pittsburgh and Erie and their surrounding counties are pretty liberal. Pennsylvania is not a very liberal state, but it has a definate liberal tone in its cities.

Iowa is definately the most conservative Gore state.

On social issues, Pittsburgh and it's suburbs are conservative. Economically they might be liberal but socially they are conservative.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies