The National Weekly Atlasian
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 06:24:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The National Weekly Atlasian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 69
Author Topic: The National Weekly Atlasian  (Read 172086 times)
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: February 24, 2009, 04:42:22 PM »

I'm concerned for this game, but if no one wants to resist this kid, then go ahead and allow him to take over the government as he is planning on doing once he returns. I certainly won't be a part of it, but I guess that doesn't much matter to anyone. The game itself is nearly dead and is a joke, so if the kid gains control, it will just come full circle.
Oddly enough, that's exactly how I've been feeling about the RPP for months.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #676 on: February 24, 2009, 05:16:58 PM »

Did Xahar promise you a position in his new government too?

You sound ridiculous.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #677 on: February 24, 2009, 05:45:26 PM »

Perhaps we'll need a section in our new Constitution permanently banning Xahar? Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #678 on: February 24, 2009, 05:46:13 PM »

Perhaps we'll need a section in our new Constitution permanently banning Xahar? Wink

Mister President, you tease. Tongue
DownWithTheLeft
downwithdaleft
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -3.13

« Reply #679 on: February 24, 2009, 07:02:04 PM »

I will say I am disappointed with PiT, as far as any action that will dealt with at a later date
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #680 on: February 24, 2009, 07:47:26 PM »

One other quick thing, if you don't like how this happened you also shouldn't like how we got Xahar because all the info started with the RPP forum and Brandon provided most of the info that eventually led to us confirming what happened there and on this forum. All in the same manner that this was found out.
Yes. That was quite beyond several red lines as well.

Agreed completely.

While I think Xahar is one of the largest threats we face in Atlasia, unethical or unlawful activity for the purposes of helping the game will only hurt us in the long run. Let me quote from our Constitution:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

This may feel like a lesson on constitutional law, but that's what this debate is about. If there was reasonable certainty that Franzl was the perpetrator from the start then I would have been able to understand MasterJedi's actions, as the Constitution stipulates that if "probable cause" is met it is within the community's right to hold the accused responsible. However, to search an IP in the hopes of catching whomever it belonged to is far and above what is correct in this matter.

To address Marokai's worries that anyone is beating up on the RPP, I have no grudge against the RPP, their forum, or any of their activities. There are a number of ideas on which we agree in a meaningful way. However, individual things have been done that I believe are doubtful in their intent and constitutionality. As such, I condemn those actions, rather than the party as a whole.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #681 on: February 24, 2009, 08:07:22 PM »

Purple State, you should have ran for President. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #682 on: February 24, 2009, 08:15:42 PM »

Purple State, you should have ran for President. Tongue

Maybe next time. Wink But I can't compete with that "get out the zombie vote" campaign.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #683 on: February 24, 2009, 08:28:16 PM »

Yes, a search warrant probably should have been obtained.
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #684 on: February 25, 2009, 05:18:33 AM »

Did Xahar promise you a position in his new government too?
No.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #685 on: March 08, 2009, 12:13:56 PM »

BrandonH for Attorney General?
by South Park Conservative

Given Franzl's presumptive victory in the nationwide special election, there will be the second vacancy in the Attorney General's office in the Bgwah Adminstration. Given BrandonH's experience as a prior Attorney General, and his being runner-up in the special election, he would seem to be the frontrunner for the position. Other good prospects for the position would include Peter.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #686 on: March 08, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »

BrandonH for Attorney General?
by South Park Conservative

Given Franzl's presumptive victory in the nationwide special election, there will be the second vacancy in the Attorney General's office in the Bgwah Adminstration. Given BrandonH's experience as a prior Attorney General, and his being runner-up in the special election, he would seem to be the frontrunner for the position. Other good prospects for the position would include Peter.

AG Brandonh would be a very good thing.
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #687 on: March 08, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »

Agreed.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #688 on: March 08, 2009, 06:29:56 PM »
« Edited: March 08, 2009, 06:37:20 PM by afleitch »

While Brandon would make a good AG he has been one before. I am sure the RPP will support, consistent with their current practice, someone new - rather than 'old guard' therefore his nomination would not pass the Senate. Instead they would propose someone new.

That's if the RPP were consistent of course...

EDIT: For reference -

We felt Andrew had a clear choice, he could pick a regionalist with the new guard of Atlasia in mind, or he could pick someone who has already been president (and might I add at the time I voted for).  He chose the latter, so we moved elsewhere.

Which is why in an RPP dominated Senate I don't think Brandon stands a chance...
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #689 on: March 08, 2009, 06:43:40 PM »

While Brandon would make a good AG he has been one before. I am sure the RPP will support, consistent with their current practice, someone new - rather than 'old guard' therefore his nomination would not pass the Senate. Instead they would propose someone new.

That's if the RPP were consistent of course...

EDIT: For reference -

We felt Andrew had a clear choice, he could pick a regionalist with the new guard of Atlasia in mind, or he could pick someone who has already been president (and might I add at the time I voted for).  He chose the latter, so we moved elsewhere.

Which is why in an RPP dominated Senate I don't think Brandon stands a chance...

Capital idea! What newcomer to the game would you say has comparable qualifications to Brandon H? It would be wonderful to have some up & coming legal expert become our next Attorney General. Smiley
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #690 on: March 08, 2009, 06:51:41 PM »

Capital idea! What newcomer to the game would you say has comparable qualifications to Brandon H? It would be wonderful to have some up & coming legal expert become our next Attorney General. Smiley

Absolutely! Which is why I fully expect the RPP to be behind appointing someone new to the role Smiley

There are I'm sure, many experts out there who are capable. Some are capable through necessity - old dogs like myself who have had to read the Constitution over the past few years. Others are newer to the scene who are familiar with the Constitution because they wish to reform it and have had to read it to understand it; PurpleState springs to mind. He would be a good and fresh pick.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #691 on: March 08, 2009, 10:14:54 PM »

Moderate couldn't find anyone to take the position so he came to me. Bgwah asked if I wanted it again and I preferred not to. And then we ended up with Xahar who was then replaced by Franzl. I would like to see other people get involved as I think I have served for more time as AG than anyone else. But I'm available if no one else is.

And it does make updating the wiki more enjoyable when there is good stuff coming out of the Senate. Smiley

(I haven't been keeping up. How out of date is the wiki right now anyway?)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #692 on: March 09, 2009, 06:33:51 AM »
« Edited: March 09, 2009, 06:38:29 AM by Marokai »

Since there's been some discussion about the office for Attorney General, I'd just like to post what the President has already announced from the White House earlier today. I've been nominated for the position of Attorney General, and I just wanted to take the time to make a statement here, and sort of "pitch" myself to those of you who who may or may not have questions. (Questions I will happily submit myself to in confirmation hearings.)

I have been a tireless advocate for repairing the wiki, as many of you know. Newcomers depend on this source of information and if we're going to retain members in Atlasia we absolutely must maintain it properly. I know I have a lot of work to do on that thing, it's practically in shambles and such basic information is incorrect. This is going to take up a fair amount of my time but I have no doubt in my capability of correcting the information (and encouraging others to join me in the largest effort so far to clean it up.)

Since I started Atlasia I have always kept a close eye on the laws, and before I even made my first post I read a great portion of the wiki. It is why I got such a great interest in this game right away, and why I have such a passion for making sure the wiki is reliable. I have studied and observed a great deal of legal proceedings and understand fully the responsibilities of the job I have been nominated to take.

I want to assure you that I'm nothing like the last Social Democratic AG. I have worked with the Regional Protection Party in alerting them of their security breaches and was among the first Franzl for AG supporters. I have a good relationship with many people in Atlasia, and these friendships, along with my determination and activity, I'm sure will make me a successful AG if I am confirmed.

I'd like to compliment Franzl for his exemplary work as AG thusfar. He came into office with alot of work on his plate, repairing the wiki, various legal crises, and has handled his responsibilities well. I only hope to be half as good as you have been, Franzl. Smiley

I would also like to thank Senator PiT for his fantastic work in keeping up the Wiki, your efforts will continue, I hope. Smiley

You're welcome to ask me questions though I would prefer the Senators and Senator-elect to hold their questions until the hearing.

Thank you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #693 on: March 09, 2009, 07:26:03 AM »

I didn't know you were interested in the position, Marokai, but I'm happy to hear about it.

You'll make a good AG. You're really active, and I'm sure you'll be better at doing the wiki that I have been. I've edited and updated various pages, but it was obviously insufficient. I said from the beginning I was more interested in the legal work Smiley Now obviously we don't want any criminal behavior in Atlasia...but I feel confident that you would prosecute competently should such an unfortunate situation occur.

Have fun with the Justice Department...I certainly enjoyed it and it was an honor to serve.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #694 on: March 09, 2009, 08:08:39 AM »

Pleased to hear it Smiley
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #695 on: March 09, 2009, 10:23:13 AM »

Marokai,

I think you have been an active member of Atlasia and that your participation should be rewarded. It is my firm belief that you will make an excellent Attorney-General and for what it's worth, I will be supporting your confirmation in the Senate.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #696 on: March 09, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »

Marokai,

I think you have been an active member of Atlasia and that your participation should be rewarded. It is my firm belief that you will make an excellent Attorney-General and for what it's worth, I will be supporting your confirmation in the Senate.

As will I.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #697 on: March 09, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

I'm very glad to hear all the support, thank you all. Smiley
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #698 on: March 09, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »

I'm very glad to hear all the support, thank you all. Smiley

You have my support, as well.
SPC
Chuck Hagel 08
Atlas Icon
Latvia

« Reply #699 on: March 09, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »

I will almost certainly vote to confirm you. If Brandon wasn't running, you would have been my first preference.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 69  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies