How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 06:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50
Author Topic: How many reported posts/moderated posts/infraction points do you have?  (Read 126253 times)
memphis
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #800 on: July 26, 2011, 06:35:27 PM »

I got my first death point last week. I'm becoming a man.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #801 on: July 26, 2011, 11:16:40 PM »

I'm wondering what Gustaf thought of my posts where I said things like every single Irish-American who gave a penny to the IRA is a terrorist-loving piece of trash with no redeeming value. When I was saying things like that I got a ton of Moderate Hero-esque "Now the IRA were terrorists and it wasn't right to donate to them but it is understandable, blah blah blah" which is not too different from what Lief is saying, and he's not advocating the murder of Jews.

I tend to agree with him by the way. Hamas just like Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF are obviously both deplorable organizations but it's not surprising that either would rise from oppression. That's kind of Lief's point, not that every single Jew in Israel deserves to be blow up.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #802 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:01 PM »

10-6-3

Don't know how my "Opinion of God" thread was trolling, since it was based on a recent PPP Survey.

Also, it was a long time ago, but why did I get infracted for calling Harry Truman and Storm Thurmond white supremacists?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #803 on: July 27, 2011, 04:36:13 AM »

I'm wondering what Gustaf thought of my posts where I said things like every single Irish-American who gave a penny to the IRA is a terrorist-loving piece of trash with no redeeming value. When I was saying things like that I got a ton of Moderate Hero-esque "Now the IRA were terrorists and it wasn't right to donate to them but it is understandable, blah blah blah" which is not too different from what Lief is saying, and he's not advocating the murder of Jews.

I tend to agree with him by the way. Hamas just like Robert Mugabe's ZANU-PF are obviously both deplorable organizations but it's not surprising that either would rise from oppression. That's kind of Lief's point, not that every single Jew in Israel deserves to be blow up.

Yeah...had anyone said something like "all Palestinians who oppose Israel are murderous thugs" a reply along the lines of "given what they've been through and the polarization in that conflict it is not strange, although regrettable, that some will turn to violent means in their desperation".

That's quite different from "many Palestinians support the indsicriminate killing of Jews" and replying with "yeah, who wouldn't?"

See, saying something i snot surprising is not the same as saying that one supports it. Without a hint of disapproval. Lief is basically doing the same as those far-rightists who say that what Breitvik did in Norway is understandable because of all the immigrants.

And I know he didn't say every Jew, only those hiding behind stones and trees. I don't want him to accuse me of libel or misrepresenting.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #804 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:15 AM »

I got my first infraction and my first two points for calling someone a prick. Thanks, Gustaf.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #805 on: July 27, 2011, 05:56:20 AM »

I got my first infraction and my first two points for calling someone a prick. Thanks, Gustaf.

You're welcome! I have a standard of moderating that kind of name-calling. If I recall correctly, it seemed reasonably deserved in this case so it only got you 2 points.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #806 on: July 27, 2011, 07:49:20 AM »

You're welcome! I have a standard of moderating that kind of name-calling. If I recall correctly, it seemed reasonably deserved in this case so it only got you 2 points.

Indeed.  When I called Joe Republic an asshole long ago, Gustaf nailed me, and rightfully so. But I only got 1 death point......maybe Gustaf agreed with me in that thread, who knows.    Smiley
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #807 on: July 27, 2011, 12:56:31 PM »

Reported Posts: 116
Moderated Posts: 58
Infraction Points: 100

Wink
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #808 on: July 27, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »

I've already been reported:

Reported Posts: 117 (+1)

there should be a new rule - reporters of posts (i.e. rats) should have to recommend the number of points the post should be infracted, and if the post doesnt warrant infraction, then the rat is the one who gets infracted by the amount he previously recommended.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #809 on: July 27, 2011, 10:56:31 PM »

I'm probably the only member with more infraction points (26) than reported posts (24).  I don't bite often, but when I do, watch out.
I have 2 infraction points and 1 reported post. So there's 2 of us.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #810 on: July 28, 2011, 01:58:59 AM »

1, 0, 0, since a few months.

I'm surprised to not have been infracted, since it happened just after I posted an offensive message.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #811 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:43 AM »

9, 0, 0
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #812 on: July 28, 2011, 06:49:50 AM »

there should be a new rule - reporters of posts (i.e. rats) should have to recommend the number of points the post should be infracted, and if the post doesnt warrant infraction, then the rat is the one who gets infracted by the amount he previously recommended.

That might actually be a really good idea. The overreporting is a problem we've had trouble dealing with.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #813 on: July 28, 2011, 07:00:31 AM »

That might actually be a really good idea. The overreporting is a problem we've had trouble dealing with.

Well, that shouldn't be automatic. Some posts are borderline and, while they aren't an infraction, they are very close to it.

And I want to signal than calling reporters "rats" is a personal attack on them and is a violation of the ToS.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #814 on: July 28, 2011, 07:07:04 AM »

I've been to a few places where false reports give you an infraction. (One place bans people for a day if they make them)
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #815 on: July 28, 2011, 07:10:02 AM »

And I want to signal than calling reporters "rats" is a personal attack on them and is a violation of the ToS.

i think the person has to be specified in order for it to be a personal attack...no?....else terms like democRATS become infractionable?  give me a prudish break!
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #816 on: July 28, 2011, 07:26:30 AM »

i think the person has to be specified in order for it to be a personal attack...no?....else terms like democRATS become infractionable?  give me a prudish break!

Well, yes. People are here for political debate. If you want to do name-calling, there is places for that. Not here.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #817 on: July 28, 2011, 07:33:48 AM »

Indeed, best to just call them pussies.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #818 on: July 28, 2011, 07:42:09 AM »

I agree completely with this message for the record.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #819 on: July 28, 2011, 10:37:39 AM »

I've been to a few places where false reports give you an infraction. (One place bans people for a day if they make them)

Who would trust our mods with that?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #820 on: July 28, 2011, 10:50:02 AM »

I would.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #821 on: July 28, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »

Id prefer to get rid of BushOK's system altogether.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #822 on: July 29, 2011, 08:59:33 AM »

Why would that be the one thing where you wouldn't trust us?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #823 on: July 29, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »

No reason to be proud of being irrelevant.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #824 on: August 01, 2011, 05:57:46 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2011, 06:03:46 PM by jmfcst »

Reported Posts: 124 (+7)
Infraction Points: 51 (-49!)

I guess my death points incurred within the JCrew thread must have rolled off...and my 10 death points for asking about Siberia should roll off in a week...pretty soon I'll be like a virgin forumite, but with an attitude of someone who has been gang raped.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies