Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 05:09:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Drudge Exposes Clark as Liar  (Read 17279 times)
mossy
Rookie

« on: January 15, 2004, 06:39:22 PM »

His point is that all politicians are sinners, by your definition, and that those who get caught are being stupid. What's wrong with that?

Well, if you want to say Clark’s mistake was that he thought he could get away with it, that the minutes of Senate testimony couldn’t be compared against his lie, then yeah, I would say that was a major “mistake”, probably to such a level that it borders on lunacy.

It reveals Clark’s hunger for power and dovetails into the insubordination that ended his military career.

May I remind you that Clark was drafted,....and only recently joined the race?  Hardly a hunger for power........

And may I also remind you that perhaps as many as half the US has changed it's mind, after first trusting Bush & Co. was telling the truth?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 09:02:51 PM »

And may I also remind you that perhaps as many as half the US has changed it's mind, after first trusting Bush & Co. was telling the truth?

How was Clark "drafted", exactly?

And if you believe that Bush lied, doesn't Clark's Congressional testimony make him an accomplice in the deception?

You can read the story on how Clark was drafted on his site, htt://www.Clark_2004.org.   I was one of the earliest supporters before he was a candidate.

I do not think you can fault a person in public life (or private, either) who publicly speaks in support of the sitting administration, when their only sin is trusting what is official policy, and they are being misled like everyone else......... (tangled sentence, but it's been a long day)
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 11:10:42 PM »

mossy,

<<You can read the story on how Clark was drafted on his site, htt://www.Clark_2004.org.   I was one of the earliest supporters before he was a candidate.>>

Clark was considering running for president for months, it was his choice, there is no "draft" for candidates.

---

<<I do not think you can fault a person in public life (or private, either) who publicly speaks in support of the sitting administration, when their only sin is trusting what is official policy, and they are being misled like everyone else.>>

To which sitting administration are you referring, Clinton or Bush?  

Are you seriously going to try to say that Clark, while in uniform and under Clinton’s reign, didn't believe Clinton's deception about Saddam having WMD; and then, once a civilian, became gullible to Bush to the point that Clark became Bush's puppet to march in front of Congress; and that you believe this gullible puppet, whose own insubordination led to his forced resignation of his commission as an officer and as supreme commander of NATO, is the one to lead America in the War on Terror?

Is that your theory?

Sorry about the link........try this one.......I think it might help....

http://clark04.com/drafthistory/

So, you're really worried about Bush going up against Clark, are you?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 11:46:48 PM »

So, you're really worried about Bush going up against Clark, are you?

No, I think Dean has the best chance of beating Bush, but I also think Dean has the best chance to lose in a landslide.

What does Clark bring to the table?  

A career ending in insubordination? The GOP has Clark's CO waiting in the wings to clean his clock.  Not to mention Gen Schwarzkopf and Gen Colin Powell.

And Clark's position on abortion (up to the last minute) is not going to fly with middle america or the South.

Clark has dodged answering the insubordination question and he continues to lie about his support on going to war in Iraq.  But he is nailed to the floor on both counts and he will not be able to continue to duck these questions.

I'd rather have Al Sharpton as president than someone as desperate as Clark.

Bring on Clark.  

I don't see a 2004 prediction for you?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2004, 10:15:45 AM »

Is his participation mostly introducing Drudge Report offerings?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 12:17:36 AM »

I don't see a 2004 prediction for you?

Why so much interest in my predictions?

Do you always respond to a question with a question?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 09:17:39 PM »

In jmfcst's defense, the question he responded to wasn't really a question, it was actually a statement with an erroroneous question mark at the end instead of a period.

Don't confuse mossy's pseudo-grammar issue with the facts. Smiley

What is Pseudo-grammar?
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2004, 11:04:49 PM »

Not lying.    This is a bogus issue, and one cannot blame the GOP stooping to making stuff up on Clark---his credentials are impecciable, and so are his relations with foreign heads of state.  He understands the art of working together with nations rather than isolation..........

Here is the actual response to this issue of changing:  With no links to the various "quotes" in the Drudge article, and the more I read it the more it looked like Lifted phrases--remember Clark is schooled in diplomacy and diplomatic language,  But you can see from the site below just how Clark felt from Feb 2003, up to the present.

Clark see the Bush administration as only "giving ultimatums" as a foreign policy---Clark said he'd "no sooner give up an ally than give up the 101st Airborn"

(url) http://clark04.com/faq/iraq.html
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 10:45:15 PM »

Clark's Testimony Exposes Drudge as Liar!

"January 16, 2004 -- 08:52 PM EDT // link // print)
A little more unfinished business on the Drudge/Clark smear.

"As I've already told you several times yesterday and today, Drudge got hold of some quotes from Clark's September 26th, 2002 congressional testimony and DISTORTED THEM OUT OF RECOGNITION BY HIGHLY SELECTIVE QUOTATION.  [Cherry-picking"]

In a subsequent post last night I quoted a passage from a piece which ran on the KnightRidder newswire. Here's the passage ...

"Clark's congressional testimony was further distorted Thursday by cyber-gossip columnist Matt Drudge, who quoted selected portions of Clark's testimony and *ADDED SENTENCES*!!!! that don't appear in the transcript on his Web site Thursday. Drudge didn't respond to an e-mail request for comment. "

(much more, can be read at:)
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/week_2004_01_11.html#002415

So, jmfcst, you're going to use this forum to troll with garbage???
mossy
Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2004, 05:38:34 PM »

If ever there was a time for citizens of other countries to take an interest in U.S. politics, voice their opinions, it is now.  

We are in the same swimming pool.  The floating rope does not protect those on one side of the rope, from someone who insists on urinating on their side.

The world has nearly as much at stake as do Americans.

mossy
Rookie

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2004, 06:32:23 PM »

Plonk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies