MI: Rasmussen: McCain tied with Obama/Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:54:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  MI: Rasmussen: McCain tied with Obama/Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MI: Rasmussen: McCain tied with Obama/Clinton  (Read 2843 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 11, 2008, 08:10:41 AM »

New Poll: Michigan President by Rasmussen on 2008-05-07

Summary: D: 44%, R: 44%, U: 4%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

McCain: 45%
Obama: 44%

Favorable Ratings:

McCain - 54% favorable, 43% unfavorable
Obama - 50% favorable, 47% unfavorable
Clinton - 49% favorable, 49% unfavorable
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2008, 11:53:02 AM »

I'm getting more and more pessimistic about McCain being able to win Michigan.  At this point, with the delegate feud and all, he should be leading nicely.

I have no doubt that Obama will get a bounce in Michigan once he is the nominee.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2008, 12:57:07 PM »

This makes me feel better. Obama should win 52-48 or more.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2008, 12:57:54 PM »

Wow, the delegate thing must be a HUGE issue there no doubt.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2008, 01:16:00 PM »

Wow, the delegate thing must be a HUGE issue there no doubt.

That's what I keep trying to tell people. The issue is being way overblown. Frankly, nobaody gives a crap, either way.
Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2008, 06:46:48 PM »

This poll also showed that we are in favor of medical pot.  Fine with me but Hmmmmmmm.

Where do you see that?
Bay Ridge, Bklyn! Born and Bred
MikeyCNY

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: -4.87

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2008, 08:27:49 AM »

Using the last presidential election as a metric, Kerry by this time in 2004 always had a respectable 6 to sometimes even a 10 point lead over Bush, so the prognosis doesn’t look good (at this point, at least) for the Dems.  And yes, we’ve come to the time in the year where state-by-state polls do matter.   Face it:  McCain has the potential to actually snatch some blue states away from the Dems and if he can squeeze out a victory in Ohio, MI, or PA then the fat lady has sung.   All the crackheads in Detroit won’t be able to save Obambi in the Wolverine State come November.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2008, 08:32:32 AM »

Using the last presidential election as a metric, Kerry by this time in 2004 always had a respectable 6 to sometimes even a 10 point lead over Bush, so the prognosis doesn’t look good (at this point, at least) for the Dems.  And yes, we’ve come to the time in the year where state-by-state polls do matter.   Face it:  McCain has the potential to actually snatch some blue states away from the Dems and if he can squeeze out a victory in Ohio, MI, or PA then the fat lady has sung.   All the crackheads in Detroit won’t be able to save Obambi in the Wolverine State come November.

I think you might want to wait until the Democrats have a nominee before saying this - Kerry had already won the nomination at this point.

Flying Dog
Jtfdem
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2008, 03:28:46 PM »

Yeah that's your problem. This race is different from 04 in so many way's. Kerry did as bad as he did in Michigan due to generally low turnout in Detroit. It won't happen this time. Plus Oakland Co. has real potential for Obama. Also, as a general Michigan election rule, you almost need Oakland to win in Michigan.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2008, 05:08:12 PM »

Detroit might be good, but the working class whites will not support Obama like they supported Kerry. Face that fact, my Democratic friends. McCain appeals to them a hell of a lot more than Obama.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 05:10:19 PM »

Detroit might be good, but the working class whites will not support Obama like they supported Kerry. Face that fact, my Democratic friends. McCain appeals to them a hell of a lot more than Obama.

Working-class whites favoring McCain over Obama?  Cough.  Source?
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »

His point is probably concerning the marginal effect. But aren't working class whites usually sort-of closeish? I thought I saw McCain ahead of Obama in either Gallup or Rasmussen. But it depends on the definition, obviously.
ChrisFromNJ

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -8.61

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 05:30:58 PM »

McCain isn't nearly as good a candidate for working class whites as Bush was.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2008, 10:37:45 PM »

I didn't say they'd favor McCain over Obama. I said that they won't support him like they supported Kerry. McCain appeals to them more than Bush did, and yes, some will favor McCain over Obama. 100% of Hillary voters will not jump to Obama.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies