Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:46:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Game of Thrones Season 8 Discussion Thread  (Read 14777 times)
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 19, 2019, 09:25:52 PM »

It was fine.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 09:52:35 PM »

I really liked the ending. Definitely felt very LOTR with Jon saying farewell by the boats. And my prediction was pretty darn close:

Quote from: Ghost, post: 55772467, member: 982734
Any last predictions?

I predict:
* Bran's magic will be important in some way (possessing Drogon?)
* Sansa will be Queen (of probably just the North)
* Daenerys will die but Jon won't be King (or only as briefly as Daenerys will be considered Queen)
* I don't know about Arya or Tyrion, but I think Tyrion is likely to die
* I don't know about the secondary characters like Davos/Bronn/Brienne/Pod/Sam/Gilly/etc. except that Grey Worm will probably die too (though not sure what happens to the Dothraki and Unsullied)
* I hope there's a flash-forward epilogue, so we can see that the new peace does last
* As for whether Westeros either breaks up, centralizes, or takes a step towards democracy... I think the North and Iron Islands become independent, and maybe Dorne becomes independent too, but the rest of Westeros (Crownlands, Stormlands, Riverlands, the Vale, Lannister lands, and Highgarden/the Reach) will become more centralized with a stronger monarch who is chosen by a council of the lords to determine the succession, so there are no more wars for succession or bad monarchs who inherit the throne due to bloodline. Maybe they'll choose someone like Davos, a good guy who always has good advice and knows how to rally, but has never desired power himself.

Damn, good call!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies