Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 11:54:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Do you agree with Mike Pence? Do you think it perpetuates gender inequality?
1. Agree

1. Disagree

2. Yes

2. No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Calculate results by number of options selected
Author Topic: Pence Won’t Have Dinner With A Woman Who Isn’t His Wife  (Read 6930 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: March 30, 2017, 04:59:42 PM »

so if he became President he wouldn't meet Theresa May alone? What a kook.

He could meet with her, just not have dinner with her.  Tongue

This reminds me of the Gary Bauer 2000 presidential campaign, where he had a female twenty-something aide who he would often meet with, and some folks in the Christian conservative movement accused him of having an affair, simply because he would sometimes close the door when he was meeting with her, and that apparently makes it a sin.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 08:34:14 AM »

Who are all these married people going out for one on one dinners with the opposite sex?

If you're in a profession that requires a fair amount of travel to meet with colleagues in other cities, it happens all the time.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »

Who are all these married people going out for one on one dinners with the opposite sex?

If you're in a profession that requires a fair amount of travel to meet with colleagues in other cities, it happens all the time.

Oh I get that side of things. I'm talking about people mentioning one on one dinners, coffee etc with platonic female friends. DavidB mentioned going out for drinks with a woman who was engaged and expected it to happen after she was married, and it seemed a bit foreign to me.

Between work, my marriage and general household stuff, I barely have time to see my friends in a group setting, much less meeting a female friend alone for cocktails.

Well, I've never been married, but looking back through my memory banks at occasions on which I had dinner alone with a woman who was married (and not a blood relative, like my sister), all of the examples I can think of involve someone traveling.  Either we had both traveled to some work-related event, or it was someone (either work colleague or platonic friend) who didn't live in the same city I did, but was visiting the city I was in for something or other, and had dinner with me while she was there, *or*, at least in one case I can think of, she didn't live in the same city I did, but was accompanying her husband on a business trip to my city, and had dinner with me one night while in town, while he was busy with his work event.

So yeah, I can't think of any occasions on which I had a dinner alone with a non-related married woman while we were in the city that she lives in.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies