Atlasia v. Tmthforu94
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:34:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Atlasia v. Tmthforu94
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Atlasia v. Tmthforu94  (Read 1087 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 07, 2011, 05:21:43 PM »
« edited: July 07, 2011, 05:23:21 PM by Attorney General Kalwejt »

Mr. Chief Justice, Justices,

Tmthforu94 is being charged for violating the Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Act

Kalwejt
Attorney General
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 08:12:03 PM »

I will be representing the defendant.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 12:54:52 AM »

Writ of Certiorari
The Atlasian Supreme Court grants certiorari to hear this case on the grounds that Tmthforu94 has potentially violated the Campaigning for Invalidation of Votes Act.

Schedule
Petitioner has seventy-two hours to file his brief.  It is expected no later than 1:00AM EST on Monday, July 11, 2011.

Respondent has an additional forty-eight hours to file his brief.  It is expected no later than 1:00AM EST on Wednesday, July 13, 2011.

Amicus Briefs will be accepted until 1:00AM EST, Monday, July 11, 2011, unless the filing party can show sufficient need.

Additional time may be granted to either party upon a showing of sufficient need.

A possible period of argument (Q&A) may be scheduled after presentation of the briefs in case any member of the Court has any questions for the parties.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 01:44:40 PM »

The prosecution team is working on brief.
Junkie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -4.35

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 01:56:36 PM »

Your Honor, pardon my confusion, but I do not think briefs are the way to proceed.  This would a criminal trial and not an appeal, so it would require witnesses and the taking of testimony and submission of evidence.  We may also need a jury if the defense and the prosecution can not work something out.

While we are continuing to work, and Kal has been a great credit to his office in working for the best outcome and also being available to my questions, I do have two pre-trial motions I would like to bring.

As the defendant has the right to a fair trial, I am requesting that the prosecution pm me a list of all witnesses he may call in his case in chief.  Additionally, I would all pm's that the prosecution plans to use also sent to me so that I can review them.  This will allow me to adequetly prepare my defense and make sure that my clients rights are protected.  The AG is very trustworthy, so I am not making any accusations.  I just want to review the evidence that may be used against my client.

Thank you your Honor.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 01:58:59 PM »

Naturally, Junkie. We're in contact.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »

Your Honor, pardon my confusion, but I do not think briefs are the way to proceed.  This would a criminal trial and not an appeal, so it would require witnesses and the taking of testimony and submission of evidence.  We may also need a jury if the defense and the prosecution can not work something out.

Thank you your Honor.

Yeah, this confused me too.

I presume the same goes for Dallasfan, except as he's apparantly entering a guilty plea that case merely need proceed to sentencing, no?
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 04:55:47 PM »

Your Honor, pardon my confusion, but I do not think briefs are the way to proceed.

I understand that you will need to review the Attorney General's documentation before preparing your argument and if there is the need for more time, it can always be provided.  Right now I am just hoping to confirm a Justice to preside over the trial, so there is no pressure.  If the prosecution has its evidence prepared and only requires assembly into brief format, I imagine you should have no trouble obtaining the information that you require.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 10:17:58 AM »

Your Honor,

I'm very disappointed. I was hoping for a clean and fair trial, which would resolve the case beyond any doubts and clean up a heathen atmosphere, which would be far better for both sides. However, the truth won't set us free this time since, due to Jake Matthews' ban and after and exhausting consultations, I have no other choice but to withdraw the charges.

Thank you for your time.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2011, 01:18:50 PM »

That's certainly not the best way to end this.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2011, 01:26:52 PM »

That's certainly not the best way to end this.

You really think I don't know that?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2011, 01:30:49 PM »

I wasn't refering to you. I just find it sad that Jake was banned.
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2011, 01:39:56 PM »

Wait- Jake got banned?  Why? When?

Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2011, 01:43:27 PM »

He had another account (Carlschulz), and he got banned about 1-2 weeks ago.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »

Jake said that Tmth blackmailed him about revealing a former account he was no longer using if he voted for me. Jake was banned for having a sock and so the case against the accused is harder to argue because the effects of the crime resulted in the banning of a witness. It makes no sense to me to have banned Jake for something so harmless.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 02:09:20 PM »

Jake said that Tmth blackmailed him about revealing a former account he was no longer using if he voted for me. Jake was banned for having a sock and so the case against the accused is harder to argue because the effects of the crime resulted in the banning of a witness. It makes no sense to me to have banned Jake for something so harmless.
Jake himself said I blackmailed him about revealing his sock if he voted for you? That is certainly not true. Huh 
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 02:29:06 PM »

Jake himself said I blackmailed him about revealing his sock if he voted for you? That is certainly not true. Huh 

Yes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies