The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:59:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79
Author Topic: The Lief Reservoir of Simple Truths and Smart One-Liners  (Read 230314 times)
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1600 on: June 15, 2018, 03:47:13 AM »

St. Leo poll in December: Scott up 42-32
February: Scott up 42-35
Now: Scott up 40-34

How about 2016? Their final FL poll had Clinton up 52-39.

Extremely high quality pollster we’re looking at here. But you know, keep trying to own the libs with this poll.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1601 on: June 15, 2018, 05:23:20 PM »

You'd think a mod would know better than to clickbait like this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1602 on: June 16, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »

Context:

This is identity politics at its worst. People are so enthralled with her story they ignore her views and issues. There are a lot of people on the left who back certain candidates because they check all the checkboxes, that pretty much explains Dayton's support.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1603 on: June 20, 2018, 03:04:10 PM »

They're separating brown people so Evangelicals don't care. Seriously, Trump's GOP might not care about fiscal conservatism or small government but they also don't give a crap about religion or social conservatism either. It's all about triggering the libs, winning the new culture wars and keeping America white.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1604 on: June 26, 2018, 12:08:45 AM »

These Shoah comparisons gave me cancer. People aren't going to be gassed. They are going to be detained for being in the U.S. illegally.
wesmoorenerd
westroopnerd
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.13

« Reply #1605 on: July 05, 2018, 08:20:28 PM »

Atlas always attaches way too much importance to "candidate quality" while understating or even ignoring fundamental, unalterable factors such as a state's/district's partisan lean or the national environment. "Yeah, Heller has like a 30% approval rating, has alienated both anti-Trump Independents/moderates and Republicans/Trumpists and is running in a Clinton state in a Democratic wave year, but I just saw a Jacky Rosen photo and I think she’s uninspiring, Tilt R.”
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1606 on: July 05, 2018, 09:31:15 PM »

^Came here to post that, lol.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1607 on: July 06, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »

Um, no? You also seem to misunderstand. Most people I know use Alt-Right at the definition of Trump's base now.

What's the point of the "alt" in the term if it just means standard right winger now?
DavidB.
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: 4.26

« Reply #1608 on: July 12, 2018, 11:55:39 AM »

Gotta love 'social democrats' who voted for Trump, have attended Proud Boys events, support eugenics and are rape apologists
Thank you.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1609 on: July 13, 2018, 03:40:52 AM »

Of course the media gave more free publicity to Trump.  Trump is right about one thing; he's been "tremendous" for their ratings.

People are always more interested in the monkey than the organ grinder.  Especially if the organ grinder is playing a dull tune, albeit competently, and the monkey is just flinging shit at some nearby children.  Which would you rather watch?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1610 on: July 13, 2018, 09:09:37 AM »

As someone who doesn't have much love for T***p AND has a vested interest in defending the APSA, I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. You don't rank a President two years into their term, and whatever you can say about T***p he hasn't sparked a civil war yet.

So our bar now is "has he/she started a civil war?"

I'm sorry, but no.  And you can most certainly rank a president before the end of their term.  I'll give you that it's not as valid of a ranking as presidents who have completed their terms, but you can certainly say that "as of this moment, President ____ ranks here."  There's perfectly fine to do.  And as of this moment, Trump's performance has sucked.

We've never been more divided as a nation than we are now, and Trump is the direct cause.  Our allies now consist of Russia and North Korea, and most other countries no longer trust us and no longer respect us.  That's directly linked to Trump.  Our healthcare system is in shambles.  Not 100% Trump's fault but he's definitely a large contributing factor.  His only agenda has been to undo everything from the previous administration, not for policy reasons, but for personal reasons because he hates Obama and always has.  He is the most divisive president arguably in our history.  He is by far the most inexperienced president in modern history (and it shows).  His integrity is non-existant.  These are things we can and should rank him on regardless of the completion of his term.  And should things change by the end of his term, he will be re-ranked.  If things don't change, he will be re-ranked.  Presidential rankings are a constant and they are ongoing.

His performance up to now has been that of a failed administration and yes, we can rank his performance up to now.  If, by 2020, he's changed, then we can surely re-rank him just as we will re-rank every single other president years and decades and centuries later.

Trump didn't create the situation, the situation created Trump.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1611 on: July 13, 2018, 09:23:33 AM »

It's scary when Naso's right on something.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1612 on: July 14, 2018, 07:18:07 AM »

Californians elect liberals to deal with the poverty that they see, but conservatives see it as "liberalism is the cause of the poverty".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1613 on: July 17, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »

There is no more politics when it comes to Trump.  You're either with him, or you're a patriotic American.  Patriots must vote him out, and that means voting for a Democrat.  After the Democrat wins, you can go back to politics as usual.  But until this wannabe dictator is out, politics is anything but usual.
give me somebody worth voting for and I will.

You truly don't see any of the potential Dem candidates as being even the slightest bit better than Trump?
Most of them I'd imagine, it's not hard to be better than Trump.  Going to have to do better than last time.  On a scale of 1-100 with the evil guy on Hitler's right shoulder as a 1 and some, mythological person that always believes in the same things I do as a 100...Trump is a like a 17 and Hillary is a 21 (G.Johnson at, say, 79, Obama a 48)....you're going to have to have somebody I measure as at least in the low 40s to consider it.  I'm sure you've got those people....Biden might work, I just don't have any faith that your party will pick one.

On the other hand, this is Trump...if he keeps going the way he's going, and there is a shot my vote might actually make a difference, I might consider voting for any gun control loving, capitalist hating, SJW pandering douchenozzle you goofballs nominate.....nah, no chance.
Yeah, nobody the Democrats put up except maybe a Dan Lipinski or Joe Manchin clone you would vote for.

Just say that you would never vote for a Democrat and be done with it. Stop pretending like you would "if the Dems put up the right candidate". That's just BS Roll Eyes
Shameless Lefty Hack
Chickenhawk

« Reply #1614 on: July 17, 2018, 03:06:19 PM »

It's scary when Naso's right on something.

thank you for posting directly into the thread.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1615 on: July 17, 2018, 06:19:26 PM »

>reagan fan

wonder what Reagan would have thought about all this invading your neighbors and undermining NATO business.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #1616 on: July 19, 2018, 12:57:36 PM »

Thirdly, I think it kind of cheapens such deplorable behavior. I mean think about the racist hate crimes from that one woman that was just mentioned. To use them to take a cheap shot at some media dopes is kind of low. After that disaster in Charlottesville, all the "LOL JUST A LOT OF ECONOMIC ANXIETY AMIRITE?" takes actually if anything kind of cheapened and toned down the horror of it all.

I think that the bigger mistake here is conflating the attitudes of the typical Trump supporter with those of alt-right weirdos.

It's especially dangerous as most voters and many politicians, including the president, really are ignorant, unthinking, and immoral enough that they can be convinced to support anything that won't harm them personally. It's particularly bad with partisans: If they're convinced that certain ideas and phrases are now in the mainstream for either the Blue Team or the Red Team, they will embrace them.

It's much easier to call yourself a communist when Republicans have spent eight years applying that label to a party of moderate liberals, and it's much easier to get worked up about "white genocide" or whatever when Democrats are calling you a Nazi.

Captures the depressing self-fulfilling prophecy we currently live in.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1617 on: July 19, 2018, 05:00:35 PM »

"Medicare for All" is a great name because it's a specific commitment. This is easier to distinguish from the GOP's spurious commitment to "universal access" (i.e. health care for anyone who can afford it).

Let's not get into another situation where we elect people who promise us "universal health care" but instead burden us with a sick joke like the Affordable Care Act.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #1618 on: July 23, 2018, 09:59:29 PM »

Because Americans, especially "undecided voters", have the attention span of a schizophrenic drugged up goldfish.
Atlas Force
mlee117379
United States

« Reply #1619 on: July 24, 2018, 03:42:25 AM »

*Trump accidentally nukes Hawaii*

Atlas: "No one will remember this in a week."
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1620 on: July 24, 2018, 05:59:53 PM »

Checkmate, Dems. I could see their numbers crashing and a red wave forming in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and the Dakotas now unless they move to mitigate this.

I don't know how the Democrats can win without Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota.

An entire jfern post that (i) is biting and witty, (ii) makes a true statement and (iii) doesn't mention Hillary Clinton or criticize the Democrats!
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1621 on: July 24, 2018, 07:35:27 PM »

Checkmate, Dems. I could see their numbers crashing and a red wave forming in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, and the Dakotas now unless they move to mitigate this.

I don't know how the Democrats can win without Kansas, Nebraska, and South Dakota.

An entire jfern post that (i) is biting and witty, (ii) makes a true statement and (iii) doesn't mention Hillary Clinton or criticize the Democrats!

Alright, what did you do with the real jfern?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1622 on: July 25, 2018, 06:34:23 PM »

All the "controversies" are not really controversies. They are political correctness. Donald Trump, is the anti-politically correct President. That's all. The reason MLB player Josh Hader gets a standing ovation in Milwaukee isn't like the libs on here say because he "apologized for offensiveness and agreed to sensitivity", he's getting a standing ovation by the crowd because that is their way of saying, "Screw those PC idiots, Josh! Keep playin' ball!"  Liberals gauge on the pulse of America is so far off that it's almost laughable.

What are you talking about? Nobody thinks they were applauding his apology. We all know it was the Deplorable Minority thinking his Twitter posts were cool.

I'll ask again though since you were too chicken to answer on the other thread- do you know what Hader tweeted? I can't imagine even you would condone throwing around the N word like that.

He would condone it because he knows we are against it.

And you know, he's right about some things. Maybe it's true that Liberals do not really have their thumb on the pulse of America. Sad thing is, he doesn't realize that it says more about America than it does about liberals.

What a country!
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1623 on: July 25, 2018, 07:48:20 PM »

Voters are stupid: Democrats need to learn to lower the bar in their discourse (and that includes not making voters read things on-screen for 30 seconds at a time).
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1624 on: July 26, 2018, 12:40:48 PM »

To be fair to Trump, CNN is complete trash.

Trump watches Fox News, so all that 'being fair' means is that he prefers toxic sewage to garbage.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies