Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 09:12:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Romney makes another gaffe, or at least, a very silly statement  (Read 8578 times)
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« on: June 08, 2012, 10:04:04 PM »

"[Obama] wants to hire more government workers. He says we need more fireman, more policeman, more teachers. Did he not get the message of Wisconsin? The American people did. It's time for us to cut back on government and help the American people."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LoSmWK_-x4g

I mean really if you're going bash government workers, just make it about faceless bureaucrats trying to meddle with your life.

But wanting more firefighters and teachers is bad?

Apparently Republicans also aren't interested in the local heroes vote either.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »

How so, and where?

Will it break through with the media frenzy over Obama's gaffe? I know not to check RealClearPolitics for a story about this.

Honestly though I am awestruck that anyone could think that cutting teachers and firefighters helps the American people. Who is out of touch here??
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
« Edited: June 09, 2012, 01:31:50 AM by KINGTHLAYER »

2 bad statements - it will even out.

This is June, don't expect it to make any impact.

Do you even think this will get that much media attention? On Real Clear Politics, it isn't a story anywhere. Not even on the aggregated content. We've established that their original content is biased trash (if you need any proof just check out this week's coverage), but it is troubling that it isn't trending elsewhere.

Romney economics = Lower state/local taxes on the hard working American people!

Sign me up!

Seriously? That isn't how most people will take this. When people's houses burn down cause the firefighter squad was too understaffed to get there on time, when crime escalates cause the police force is lacking, when local education systems start failing due to underfunding, when potholes don't get filled, streets don't get plowed, and sewage systems start breaking down, you'll know where people will point the blame.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 01:35:20 AM »

Apologies. If I knew who the trolls were, I wouldn't bother feeding them.
President von Cat
captain copernicus

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 09:55:47 AM »

All my classes were around 30 students as I recall, sometimes a few more. My law school first year classes by the way were about 150 students.  

I can't help but feel like law school and high school are different Wink

Sure, but this class size thing gets it wrong. When I get around to it, I will find some data on the topic. Again, the critical factor is teacher quality and the ability to discipline. In my hyper elite, very high quality and demanding private grammar school, the class sizes were also around 25-30 by the way. Catholic schools used to do  a great job (even if the nuns used to bat the brats' knuckles with a ruler) with class sizes of around 60 students (I don't know what they are typically now).

I went to a Catholic school in the 90s with a class size of around 45, and the place was a zoo even with the nuns in charge. As soon as she turned to write on the board, all hell broke loose.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies