Discuss feminism in this thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 10:59:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Discuss feminism in this thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Discuss feminism in this thread.  (Read 2068 times)
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« on: June 26, 2012, 09:59:06 AM »

I've had many feminism discussions - they tend to wear me out. Tongue

I had one yesterday on another blog - I still feel completely drained. (of course, lousy sleep due to my air conditioning not being able to deal with the heat wave we're having right now doesn't help)

Even if you're largely on the side of women, any degree of disagreement tends to get you labeled as privileged, sexist, or misogynist. I think it's true that a man can't fully understand the perspective of women and how they feel about certain issues, but such charges tend to make any kind of rational discourse shut down. You have to walk a tightrope and if you lose your balance at all there's no recovery. You want to have a place in the conversation, but if you aren't towing the party line your opinions are regarded as completely irrelevant so you're inclined to just stop talking about it altogether or you only discuss it with other men and don't get a female perspective.

Frankly I'd rather deal with the actual misogynists - at least I don't care what they think of me.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies