SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Amendment (FAILED) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 02, 2024, 03:49:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Amendment (FAILED) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Empowering Regions in Federal Elections Amendment (FAILED)  (Read 2719 times)
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« on: March 10, 2013, 01:40:49 AM »

I know I'm not a senator, but I'm half of a regional executive, which are obviously the subject of the law.

There is an hole in the law. If that amendment passes and a region doesn't act on it, it's falling in an hole. Perhaps something saying than, as long a region doesn't decide to run federal elections, they will be run by the SoFE, in case a region just doesn't decide anything (not deciding to run them, nor returning the power to the SoFE). It's better than the emergency mechanism of the 4th article (which is still useful, but more in the case of the failure of an regional officer than the failure of a region to act on its new powers).
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:22 PM »

This needs more debate in my opinion.

Could the Regional Executive clarify what he means by a hole. Doesn't the SoFE stepping in fix that in that case?

Well, the region might decide to defer the authority of the SoFE, but I'm talking of the case of a failure of the region to decide whether they will run it themselves or defering it to the SoFE.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 11:26:33 PM »

Then, we can get quite ridiculous case where two voting booths for the same regional senate seat are opened in the same night, one by regional executive, one by SoFE, and all the legal fights about people which voted in one but not the other one, which one is the valid one...
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies