Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 08:29:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border  (Read 1322 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2019, 01:38:17 PM »

Is this just meant to be using a child's death as a "gotcha"?  Or are there specific policies to blame here that we should change?
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2019, 01:43:45 PM »

Well, you won't end abortion whether you're on your own or not, and I wasn't trying to give anyone advice to begin with. I was describing what I view as a truly pro-life outlook.

I'll think of you on the day we end it.

You'll never end it. Even if that partisan court does give you what you want there will still be plenty of states where it is legal. And where it is not legal you'll have a black market of illegal abortions.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2019, 01:48:50 PM »

They are not pro-life.

They have zero concern, as is evidenced in their policies and attitudes, for life after it leaves the womb.
Did you support the Iraq war?

Did the overwhelming majority of "pro-life" politicians support the Iraq war?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2019, 01:56:54 PM »

Pro-lifers consider this to be retribution from God for the child's crossing the border. God took this child away to teach the parents a lesson about the sin of illegal immigration. I imagine that's what conservative logic is on this.
Yeah, you could make this argument if you’re religiously inclined I guess. I prefer the secular argument about bad parenting myself.

No child deserves to die because of bad parenting.
Ok. So how is it the “pro-life” party’s fault if you agree that it’s bad parenting?

They are not pro-life.

They have zero concern, as is evidenced in their policies and attitudes, for life after it leaves the womb.
Did you support the Iraq war?

Did the overwhelming majority of "pro-life" politicians support the Iraq war?
Yes. Generic movement conservatives from the 2000s universally sucked.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2019, 02:14:21 PM »

Is this just meant to be using a child's death as a "gotcha"?

Yeah yeah guys let's not use the Parkland deaths as a "gotcha" on perfectly sensible gun policy, now is not the time for politics, something something.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2019, 02:15:56 PM »

Yeah yeah guys let's not use the Parkland deaths as a "gotcha" on perfectly sensible gun policy, now is not the time for politics, something something.

The gotcha happened in each of our hearts a long time ago.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2019, 02:19:33 PM »

You don’t have to “use” the Parkland students. David Hogg and Kyle Kashuv have done plenty of political prostituting, enough to account for an entire movement anyway.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2019, 02:22:14 PM »

The fact that you left off the second part of my post and didn't address it leads me to believe that your answer to this question is "yes."
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2019, 02:23:26 PM »

The fact that you left off the second part of my post and didn't address it leads me to believe that your answer to this question is "yes."
We are making fun of the fact that you are obsessed with abortion and find everything else annoying.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »

We are making fun of the fact that you are obsessed with abortion and find everything else annoying.

I'm not the one who framed a toddler's death as being about abortion.
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2019, 02:29:34 PM »

These threads will always be the same thing: cries of hypocrisy or moral inconsistency used as weak ballasts to prop up an indefensible position on abortion. No one here ever makes the argument that abortion is good, just that the people who think it is bad are themselves bad.

It's tiresome and the mods should really do more to keep this in the megathread.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2019, 02:30:02 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 02:37:18 PM by Prolocutor Bagel23 »

I mean yeah, GOP hostility has a hand in killing this boy, there are policies that I would like to see implemented but I am too lazy to type all of them out.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »

There is not a single Republican policy that resulted in this boy's death. If anything, detaining them managed to keep the boy alive for longer because he was able to be sent to a hospital after reporting he was sick while in custody, rather than allow him to deteriorate and die sooner because his parents wanted to put his life at risk and cross the border illegally.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, and anyone trying to compare this to those who have pro-life positions has no real argument here.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2019, 02:43:29 PM »

These threads will always be the same thing: cries of hypocrisy or moral inconsistency used as weak ballasts to prop up an indefensible position on abortion. No one here ever makes the argument that abortion is good, just that the people who think it is bad are themselves bad.

It's tiresome and the mods should really do more to keep this in the megathread.

There are only like one or two people here that actually thinks that abortion is good.
This thread isn't about abortion. It's about how people who are obsessed about it are so at the expense of practically everything else.

There is not a single Republican policy that resulted in this boy's death. If anything, detaining them managed to keep the boy alive for longer because he was able to be sent to a hospital after reporting he was sick while in custody, rather than allow him to deteriorate and die sooner because his parents wanted to put his life at risk and cross the border illegally.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, and anyone trying to compare this to those who have pro-life positions has no real argument here.

See above. Good effort, though.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2019, 02:51:27 PM »

I mean yeah, GOP hostility has a hand in killing this boy, there are policies that I would like to see implemented but I am too lazy to type all of them out.

I have a lot of criticism of Trump immigration policy, I would just like to know exactly which policies are relevant in this particular case.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2019, 03:40:19 PM »

Criticisms of the Republican Party are not arguments in favor of abortion.

That's not the point. The point is that protecting life seems to not be a concern when it comes to actual people for Republicans.

"Republicans" is an incredibly broad group.  This forum would do well to remember that.

“Republicans” is at least 90% the Trump party now, so not very broad at all.  You would do well to remember that and get out now rather than continue pretending that your party (which you admit is name only anyway) has any redeeming qualities anymore or still represents you in any way.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2019, 03:42:25 PM »

I didn’t realize that pro-lifers drag these children through the desert Roll Eyes

By voting for Trump, they did. They knew exactly what they were doing when they sent in that ballot, or else should have known.

And before you respond: No, I don’t mean they literally brought the children to the border. But they made their lives hell when they reached it, or else they ended their lives entirely. Every single person who voted GOP has blood on their hands.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2019, 04:00:57 PM »

I have a lot of criticism of Trump immigration policy, I would just like to know exactly which policies are relevant in this particular case.

Stop detaining children at the border, stop neglecting them if you do so that they don’t get the medical treatment they need and die, oh and also abolish ICE. Definitely don’t make things worse by amping up “border security” and building a f—ing wall.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2019, 04:10:46 PM »

I'm not the one who framed a toddler's death as being about abortion.
Your death would because you are being a baby.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2019, 04:24:17 PM »

I'll make that argument for you, then.

Abortion is good because it prevents children from being born into abject poverty and living a miserable existence.

Abortion is good because some people simply cannot properly take care of children.

Abortion is good because it can save the life of the mother, in certain situations.

Abortion is good because God literally punished women by forcing them to have miscarriages, per a story straight from the Bible. therefore, God approves.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »

Stop detaining children at the border, stop neglecting them if you do so that they don’t get the medical treatment they need and die, oh and also abolish ICE. Definitely don’t make things worse by amping up “border security” and building a f—ing wall.

This child was able to receive medical treatment because he was detained. What you are saying by posting that in this thread is that you want sick children that are irresponsibly and illegally brought here to deteriorate faster and die without any attempt made to save his life.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2019, 05:21:51 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2019, 05:24:55 PM by Traitor-crats »

I didn’t realize that pro-lifers drag these children through the desert Roll Eyes

By voting for Trump, they did. They knew exactly what they were doing when they sent in that ballot, or else should have known.

And before you respond: No, I don’t mean they literally brought the children to the border. But they made their lives hell when they reached it, or else they ended their lives entirely. Every single person who voted GOP has blood on their hands.
They’re invaders. I really don’t care if their life is made into a living hell. It can’t be worse than the sh-thole they’re fleeing.

This kid died of pneumonia weeks after being detained. He wasn’t murdered and my hands are clean. Nice try.

Edit: serious question - why do you think my vote for Trump encouraged more illegals? Are you a troll or just plain stupid? That makes absolutely no sense. If you think the caravan was bad now just imagine how massive and unruly it’d be had Hillary won?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »

He isn't a fetus or a gun, so it's not hypocrisy to them.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2019, 06:39:25 PM »

They’re invaders. I really don’t care if their life is made into a living hell. It can’t be worse than the sh-thole they’re fleeing.

This kid died of pneumonia weeks after being detained. He wasn’t murdered and my hands are clean. Nice try.

Edit: serious question - why do you think my vote for Trump encouraged more illegals? Are you a troll or just plain stupid? That makes absolutely no sense. If you think the caravan was bad now just imagine how massive and unruly it’d be had Hillary won?

They would have been even browner!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2019, 07:38:44 PM »

They would have been even browner!
I don’t trust teh Browns. It’s like they’re ambiguous. Either you’re black or you’s is white! Pick a side already!

BRB need more ambien.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies