Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 01:35:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Policies of the Pro-Life Party kill a toddler on the US-Mexico Border  (Read 1359 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: May 16, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »

There is not a single Republican policy that resulted in this boy's death. If anything, detaining them managed to keep the boy alive for longer because he was able to be sent to a hospital after reporting he was sick while in custody, rather than allow him to deteriorate and die sooner because his parents wanted to put his life at risk and cross the border illegally.

This also has absolutely nothing to do with abortions, and anyone trying to compare this to those who have pro-life positions has no real argument here.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 04:28:47 PM »

Is this just meant to be using a child's death as a "gotcha"?

Yeah yeah guys let's not use the Parkland deaths as a "gotcha" on perfectly sensible gun policy, now is not the time for politics, something something.

The fact that you left off the second part of my post and didn't address it leads me to believe that your answer to this question is "yes."

I mean yeah, GOP hostility has a hand in killing this boy, there are policies that I would like to see implemented but I am too lazy to type all of them out.

I have a lot of criticism of Trump immigration policy, I would just like to know exactly which policies are relevant in this particular case.

Stop detaining children at the border, stop neglecting them if you do so that they don’t get the medical treatment they need and die, oh and also abolish ICE. Definitely don’t make things worse by amping up “border security” and building a f—ing wall.

This child was able to receive medical treatment because he was detained. What you are saying by posting that in this thread is that you want sick children that are irresponsibly and illegally brought here to deteriorate faster and die without any attempt made to save his life.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 07:43:55 PM »

In order to be considered truly pro-life, you should:

- Be anti-war
- Be against the death penalty
- Be against abortion (with usual exceptions for rape, incest, mother's life, etc)
- Strongly support increased access to contraceptives so unwanted pregnancies don't happen in the first place
- Support some form of universal healthcare
- Vote for politicians who share most or all of the above positions

FTFY

Just because someone doesn't support specific policies you like doesn't mean they are any less pro-life.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies