Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 02:43:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide  (Read 297454 times)
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: November 18, 2013, 04:23:33 PM »

Anything but a Renzi coronation.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »

Well done to the radical left anyway, as usual playing the role of the "useful idiot".

As usual no reflection on the part of the liberals, just the fault of the radical left as everyone surges past both. 
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:04:40 PM »

Well done to the radical left anyway, as usual playing the role of the "useful idiot".

As usual no reflection on the part of the liberals, just the fault of the radical left as everyone surges past both.  

As usual, commenting without any actual knowledge of the political landscape.

Part of the radical left has agreed to form a coalition with PD after some talks on policy, others (most, former members of PD) instead have rejected it based on pure, personal hatred of Matteo Renzi. The radical left is led by people such as D'Alema and Bersani, dynosaurs responsible for the worse defeats of the Italian center-left in the last years.
They don't have ANY concrete proposals, apart from reintroducing the "articolo 18", a law which prevented those with open-ended contracts from being fired, and actually extend it to all firms and not just those with more than 15 employees (as with the old articolo 18, in place until 3 years ago). I am not kidding. Not one single proposal. And with their claims of being the "real left" and "wanting to challenge PD in every uninominal seat", they'll only manage to help the right (extreme right, actually...look at Lega Nord and Fratelli d'Italia) win.

Really? Because I recall your input being stellar in the UK thread... Cheesy

You referred to the radical left - although apparently you were meaning the dissatisfied old guard with an axe to grind. There is clear blue water between the actual radical left and liberal PD - something Renzi has only sharpened. They are perfectly entitled to stand and the PD are responsible for their current trailing of clowns (and likely still would be even if they didn't).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 10:04:34 AM »
« Edited: February 06, 2018, 10:58:33 AM by Leftbehind »

Any further on what M5S is hoping to achieve from this election. On the last page there was an article posted saying they were considering a pact with Lega Nord, who are already part of the Right coalition?? If the Right don't manage a majority, what then? Possibility enough right-leaning M5S members defect, or effectively provide them confidence?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 05:01:33 PM »

I'm closest to PC, with LeU, M5S and PuSR also being options.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 06:27:24 PM »

I'm closest to PC, with LeU, M5S and PuSR also being options.

I'm a closest to LeU, but i vote Potere al Popolo,

I'd be tempted to vote PaP, but I think I'd vote LeU simply because I'd want a bloc to the left of PD large enough/credible that it could attract voters in a bid to replace PD (and hopefully attract PaP into an alliance).
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 08:15:12 PM »

The big problem with LeU is it's full of terrible old PD hacks who seem more butthurt that Renzi was mean to them than any real opposition to austerity (indeed they were only too happy to join in with austerity before Renzi).
Too true - but the left-of-PD vote is piss-weak, unfortunately, so PaP seems like an indulgence.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2018, 05:51:42 PM »

Oh, and here is something to remember, the exit polls were sh**t in 2013, but one way they were sh**t was overestimating M5S. So the end result might exactly match the final polls, if that bias remains true.

?

Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 05:55:07 PM »

Are 18-25 year olds still disenfranchised for the Senate?

Yup. I missed the cut by literally 22 days. Angry

all that electoral reform and they didn't strike down that obviously moronic rule? Not only is it ageist, but it increases the chance of both houses having different composition, and therefore increases gridlock.

Speaking of which, has Renzi's (imo regressive) reform helped the forces of the Right? Well played, if so. *slow clap*
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 06:00:02 PM »

Precedes to wipe a large amount of egg of his face, for taking sh**t at face value from random twitters.

lol was kinda wishing you were right.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 06:10:26 PM »

Other left: why you so weak? Sad
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »

The old Refoundation vote is literally dead and the people who have led subsequent splinters have tended to be charmless apparatchiks well past their political sell by date and so have not done well at bringing votes from the PD with them (or getting them back from the Five Star Clown Car for that matter).

I appreciate the response, but it was just a moan. I'm depressingly aware of the state of the Italian left by now.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2018, 04:04:22 PM »

Imagine pushing through your electoral reform only to give clowns, Salvini and Berlusconi what would be dozens of your seats. F**king berk.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies