Am I a Democrat? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 10:45:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Am I a Democrat? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Am I a Democrat?  (Read 2162 times)
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: December 11, 2012, 04:45:38 PM »

I don't have much to say but I am glad to have read your post.

This.

Honestly--and this is just my advice--being an Independent would likely fit you best. That way, you don't need to fret about party identity and can vote either way. The only downside is not being able to vote in Primaries Sad
Not a problem for me, I live in an open primary state. Smiley

And as for me, I am very angry with the Republican leadership right now after what happened in 2010 and 2012.  Yes, I realize the GOP made big gains in 2010, but they would have been bigger if we hadn't squandered so many winnable races on unelectable candidates for the sake of ideology.  I'm a loyal Republican and plan on staying that way even after suffering what is probably my party's worst beating since 1992.  Does that distatse for the direction of the conservative movement and the Republican Party makes me a RINO or a Democrat?  If it does, then so be it, I guess.

No I wouldn't say you are a Democrat. I would say you are a fine American citizen.

I think the problem is that the GOP loves to spout off positions, they love to check off the boxes, but they have forgotten how to package a set of positions and then articulate how it actually will help improves people's lives. The reason for that is because you risk everyone pulling it apart piece by piece and so it doesn't happen anymore. Bush's campassionate conservativism was destroyed by that and by results, to the point that it would incite at least suspicion if not outright opposition from me whenever I hear it uttered now. But he at least knew how to do it, even if the what was partially or all wrong depending on your views.
Yes, and that is exactly why we need to educate people, as well as why I am pursuing a career in politics.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 08:46:37 PM »

Yes.  I am currently getting my pre-requisites and am planning on majoring in PoliSci.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 03:33:52 PM »

Yes.  I am currently getting my pre-requisites and am planning on majoring in PoliSci.

Are you being home schooled?

No I think he means taking prerequisite courses in college.
Yes, I do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies