John Huntsman? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 10:43:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  John Huntsman? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Huntsman?  (Read 3313 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« on: August 10, 2012, 06:34:43 PM »

I could see it happening, but I hope it doesn't. I'd love for him to run in 2016, and while he isn't on great terms with the party right now, I think he could rebuild those bridges over the next few years. This would be the end of the road for him if he did this.

Agreed. If he played his cards right he could have a future in 2016, but not if he keeps doing these types of antics.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »

I could see it happening, but I hope it doesn't. I'd love for him to run in 2016, and while he isn't on great terms with the party right now, I think he could rebuild those bridges over the next few years. This would be the end of the road for him if he did this.

Agreed. If he played his cards right he could have a future in 2016, but not if he keeps doing these types of antics.
I still think he's kinda burned his bridges with the party. If Romney loses, the GOP will just claim he wasn't "conservative enough", and go with someone further to the right and crazier. So I doubt he'll have a chance 4 years from now. Huntsman was probably the MOST Conservative, with a big C, person running for the nomination. But he carried himself and the media treated him like a moderate. That's why primary voters didn't like him. They say he was the candidate that Obama was most afraid of, that's why they gave him an administration post to turn off Republicans. It's said that there were portraits of 3 candidates hanging in the Chicago Obama HQ; Tim Pawlenty, Mitt Romney, and Jon Huntsman.

You're assessment hit the nail on the head. Huntsman was the most conservative candidate in the race, but his post in Obama's Administration sadly doomed him. Huntsman was my second choice in the race, and always felt he and Romney were the only one capable to beat Obama, and lately I feeling the latter is now unlikely to beat him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies