***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 12:51:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11543 times)
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« on: September 26, 2013, 12:43:26 AM »

X Oakvale.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:10:52 PM »

In light of Bacon King's announcement I suggest we immediately move to finding a nominee for the Presidency. The election is too important to sit out - we need to push forward and build on Nix's accomplishments, and we who are members of this party know that a Labor Presidency is the best way to accomplish that.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:27:17 PM »
« Edited: October 05, 2013, 10:34:44 PM by Oakvale »

As someone who's certainly had his difference and disagreements with Snowstalker over the last, er, forever, I don't think attacking the only Labor candidate for the Presidency is wise...

This of course does not relate to what could arguably be considered my frequent attacks on Snowstalker as a philosopher over the last, er, two years.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »

I enthusiastically support Duke's candidacy for our Presidential endorsement.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 09:14:17 AM »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.

There's nothing "progressive" about the Moderate Hero Union. Duke's candidacy represents an opportunity for Atlasians to unite around one leader in a way we haven't seen for some time.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 12:47:25 PM »
« Edited: October 06, 2013, 12:52:57 PM by Oakvale »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.

There's nothing "progressive" about the Moderate Hero Union. Duke's candidacy represents an opportunity for Atlasians to unite around one leader in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Progressives to your left economically:
Myself
Siren
Scott
Oak Hills
Tiver
Superique
Butafly
GAWorth
Yeahsayyeah
Kashifsikhan

Progressives to your left socially:
Myself
Scott
Tiver
butafly
Yeahsayyeah
Marnetmar

A majority of progressives are economically to your left and a near-majority is socially to your left. Not to mention that the Federalist party candidate is to your left in both economics and social issues. I'd hold off on calling people not progressive enough when they're to your left on the spectrum.

Yes, this would be a valid point if we pretend that one's positions on the "political spectrum" as determined by the Political Matrix test are in any way a meaningful indicator of progressivism.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 01:03:46 PM »

Haven't we moved on from name-calling?

You don't have to agree with the Progressive Union... but have the courtesy to address it by its proper name.

The "TNF is too mean!" Party?
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2013, 04:23:37 PM »

Look, I don't think we can allow Snowstalker to be our nominee because I don't feel he's electable. I can't fathom this party supporting the Federalists either. If this really is going to become an issue, I'll primary him, because I don't feel Snowstalker can win.

I'm inclined to agree with the first point, unfortunately, but since DemPGH is apparently cynically deciding to rejoin the party in his quest for, er, a nomination coronation, you might not have to worry. This is, obviously, coming from the position of someone who's no stranger to party switches, so I know of what I speak.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2013, 04:31:10 PM »

Snowstalker, I never called you a hyperbolic kid, man! I'm just looking at polling.

Folks, this party at this juncture needs a uniter - someone who will represent 1) progressive interests, 2) be constructive, and 3) work well with the other centrist and left-leaning parties. I'll bring that to you instantly.

I agree with all those points, Mr. Vice-President, hence my support for Duke. Wink
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2013, 04:43:20 PM »

While I will be standing by my support of nominating Duke, I urge my fellow Laborites to give the reformist candidacy of Kitteh, the Gene McCarthy of Atlasia, the serious consideration it merits.

If nothing else, I look forward to an exciting primary that wasn't on the cards as recently as a few days ago.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »

Oh and Snowstalker, I want you to know that I remember you voting against me for the Labor Party endorsement for Northeast Governor after I voted for you in every one of your miserable campaigns for anything. Just sayin.

Yes, that was a dick move of me. And yes, my presidential campaign last year was...miserable.

But aside my, ahem, occasional forum trolling, I think I've matured as a poster and hopefully as a candidate. I want to continue the service I've given to Atlasia in the past. I know the odds are against me even if I do win the Labor nod, but I want to run a campaign for an Atlasia by The People the people, for The People the people.

As for the VP pick, that is as of yet undecided (well it is kind of decided, but said pick is undecided on whether to join the ticket).

I think you need to step aside. You were the top of the ticket and lost by a 23 point margin. I don't want this election to be a repeat.

You guys remember when everyone had those "don't blame me, I voted for Snowstalker" signs in their sigs? lol

(for you newbies, that was in the bottom of Napoleon's presidency, when his approval was in the single digits)
Considering how Napoleon's disastrous second term turned out, I remain proud to have been one of the minority who voted for the Labor ticket that election.

It's also worth remembering that as much as I've harangued Snowstalker, at the time Napoleon was very popular, coming off a successful first term, and running with a well-respected Labor VP. Any independent Labor candidate would have been clobbered.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2013, 07:07:49 PM »

My point in bringing up Snowstalker's performance was really that we don't want an Adlai Stevenson.

I'm not sure how comparing Snowstalker to an icon of American liberalism is a negative. Tongue
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 02:32:27 PM »

Kitteh's statements are of course beyond ridiculous (Kitteh, of course, campaigned on putting cat pictures in the Wiki, and was endorsed by Oakvale). I want to see this party thrive and be constructive, not go down the path those two have put before you, and so I am here to obtain your nomination for President. Keep an eye on my campaign thread, as we have a little more to go.

Choose Dr. Cynic or Snowstalker if you don't want me.

I absolutely supported Kitteh's protest campaign against the Pacific's counterproductive recall culture, and would do so again, but I digress.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 12:43:38 PM »

[1] Pacific Councillor drj101/No VP chosen yet
[2] Former Senator Snowstalker/No VP chosen yet
[3] Vice-President DemPGH/Northeast Governor Sirnick
[4] Dr. Cynic/Former Vice President Adam Griffin
Oakvale