The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 06:36:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 85
Author Topic: The Al Realpolitik Institute of Sulfur Mining & Extraction  (Read 388349 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1150 on: September 04, 2013, 04:01:19 AM »

Can we stop tossing around the word 'racist' like its a sorority girl on halloween

"To complain about people pointing out racism, I think I'm gonna use a misogynist metaphor. Yeah, that'll show 'em."
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1151 on: September 04, 2013, 10:19:03 AM »

Sort of ironic that this got posted by snowguy in a global warming thread, because this burns.

One thing I've learned after 6 years of posting on Atlas is that you are truly a miserable human being.

Nobody can be as nasty as you are to others without feeling pretty awful about yourself.  And you should.

It belongs in the irony ore mine, not here. 
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1152 on: September 04, 2013, 12:01:39 PM »

Sort of ironic that this got posted by snowguy in a global warming thread, because this burns.

One thing I've learned after 6 years of posting on Atlas is that you are truly a miserable human being.

Nobody can be as nasty as you are to others without feeling pretty awful about yourself.  And you should.

Snowguy is nasty? Where the fck are you getting this idea from?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1153 on: September 04, 2013, 12:42:46 PM »

Nobody can be as nasty as you are to others without feeling pretty awful about yourself.  And you should.

My interactions with him (and, also, various things he has said to other people, I can dig up links if you really need them).  He has definitely been an at least an order of magnitude more unpleasant towards me than anyone else has on Atlas.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1154 on: September 04, 2013, 03:39:12 PM »

I don't know. Ernst Thalmann is an important historical figure for Germany, not a failed troll at some obscure forum.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1155 on: September 04, 2013, 03:58:17 PM »

My interactions with him (and, also, various things he has said to other people, I can dig up links if you really need them).  He has definitely been an at least an order of magnitude more unpleasant towards me than anyone else has on Atlas.
Really? I have found Snowguy to be among the most friendly and pleasant members of this forum, and we have some strong disagreements.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1156 on: September 05, 2013, 08:05:20 AM »

I see that you are completely irrational Reagan.  You are a sort of puddle of dumb emotions, like some nincompoop watching a Hollywood movie.

How could one even know if 'she was walking down the street to buy crack'?  Are you suggesting that the accused rapist be able to offer 'she's a crackhead' as a defense?
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1157 on: September 05, 2013, 11:40:33 AM »

McConnell has yet to buy the election.

Not a McConnell fan, I take it?

I don't mind him, I'm just realistic that his money machine will literally nuke Grimes.

He is literally going to drop a nuclear bomb on her? Like actually drop a physical bomb? Will she be in Kentucky at the time? Wouldn't that hurt Mitch with the electorate?

He could have just been using the Google definition of literally.

I was using the Google definition, yep.

People who use this definition of literally should be figuratively shot.

Get over yourself.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #1158 on: September 05, 2013, 12:53:10 PM »

McConnell has yet to buy the election.

Not a McConnell fan, I take it?

I don't mind him, I'm just realistic that his money machine will literally nuke Grimes.

He is literally going to drop a nuclear bomb on her? Like actually drop a physical bomb? Will she be in Kentucky at the time? Wouldn't that hurt Mitch with the electorate?

He could have just been using the Google definition of literally.

I was using the Google definition, yep.

People who use this definition of literally should be figuratively shot.

Using literal to mean non-literal has been happening for over a century; for example Mark Twain routinely used the word in this fashion
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1159 on: September 05, 2013, 01:06:20 PM »

This is hilarious that the "literal" argument picked up again today because I was having an argument about the definition literally two hours ago with some friends!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1160 on: September 05, 2013, 01:10:09 PM »

Really? I have found Snowguy to be among the most friendly and pleasant members of this forum, and we have some strong disagreements.

Snowguy's the best.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1161 on: September 05, 2013, 07:26:52 PM »

far too partisan, he's basically opebo with diarrhea of the mouth

says the dude who posts 47 ing times per day
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #1162 on: September 06, 2013, 02:58:27 AM »

Already got it:
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1163 on: September 06, 2013, 05:05:16 PM »

TNF if you so against Spamage then run for President against him. You can make your case there instead of snipping from the sidelines. That is unless you are afraid you would loose?
Look I am backing no one so far in the President's race, I feel a healthy debate is always needed and honestly I feel that Spamage v. TNF v. someone else (TBD) would be great.
So TNF, if you think Spamage has not a great job then run against him. Put your money where your mouth is.

If TNF goes for the Labor (IIRC he's Labor, but I might be wrong...) Nom and Spamage gets the Federalist Nom, we're probably about to see an Atlasia SMACK DOWN!

BTW, Go Spamage!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1164 on: September 06, 2013, 05:09:12 PM »

It was worth posting twice. Wink
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1165 on: September 06, 2013, 07:34:52 PM »

Why not 47 times?
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #1166 on: September 06, 2013, 09:59:15 PM »

Hmm...

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

says the dude who posts 47 ing times per day
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I'd say four times is enough....
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1167 on: September 07, 2013, 11:15:29 AM »

Context:

Well, the Jupiter seems to play some role in our universe.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1168 on: September 07, 2013, 03:48:06 PM »

Of course the Western bourgeois media would write a slanted load like that to a country which has decided to stop marching to Washington's drumbeat. If you only read Western media, I doubt you've heard of the protests and strikes against the quasi-fascist regime in Colombia, for instance.
Quit trying so hard.
Pheurton Skeurto
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1169 on: September 08, 2013, 11:21:15 AM »

You guys are aware it was the rebels that did the chemical attacks and are framing Assad. We shouldn't get involved at all.

1. The chemical weapons were fired from rockets that the rebels have no indication of possessing the capability to launch
2. Since the start of the conflict the Syrian government has been stockpiling their chemical weapons in a single location to prevent rebels from capturing them
3. The attack was on civilians (and a small group of rebel fighters) in a suburb of Damascus very sympathetic to the rebels
4. The rockets were fired in the middle of an unexpected surprise attack by government forces on the rebels

So the two possibilities here are:

A) The government fired rockets that delivered chemical weapons as part of their offensive

OR

B) The rebels acquired chemical weapons in spite of the government's stockpile efforts, and they managed to rig up an effective launcher system, and aimed it directly at the civilian areas of their only sizeable stronghold in the greater Damascus area, with plans to fire it off and attack their own people just in case the Syrian government someday attacks, trading the lives of thousands of their own people in exchange for making the government look like the bad guys on the international stage and maybe hopefully possibly convincing someone somewhere to intervene against the Syrian government in some fashion

Sorry man but I think A is a bit more likely here.
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #1170 on: September 08, 2013, 01:51:42 PM »

barfbag is really low-hanging fruit but I lol'd at this;

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1171 on: September 08, 2013, 06:07:23 PM »

You guys are aware it was the rebels that did the chemical attacks and are framing Assad. We shouldn't get involved at all.

1. The chemical weapons were fired from rockets that the rebels have no indication of possessing the capability to launch
2. Since the start of the conflict the Syrian government has been stockpiling their chemical weapons in a single location to prevent rebels from capturing them
3. The attack was on civilians (and a small group of rebel fighters) in a suburb of Damascus very sympathetic to the rebels
4. The rockets were fired in the middle of an unexpected surprise attack by government forces on the rebels

So the two possibilities here are:

A) The government fired rockets that delivered chemical weapons as part of their offensive

OR

B) The rebels acquired chemical weapons in spite of the government's stockpile efforts, and they managed to rig up an effective launcher system, and aimed it directly at the civilian areas of their only sizeable stronghold in the greater Damascus area, with plans to fire it off and attack their own people just in case the Syrian government someday attacks, trading the lives of thousands of their own people in exchange for making the government look like the bad guys on the international stage and maybe hopefully possibly convincing someone somewhere to intervene against the Syrian government in some fashion

Sorry man but I think A is a bit more likely here.
More of a simple truth than a burn to be fair.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1172 on: September 09, 2013, 03:29:15 PM »

Context:

Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #1173 on: September 09, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »

Snowguy's the best.
Snowguy is a true gentleman, and extremely kind.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #1174 on: September 10, 2013, 08:17:22 AM »

I hope I can stay because I really enjoy being here with everyone. It's like you guys are my family.

Your family hates you too?
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 ... 85  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies