"Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 11:43:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  "Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Coming out" - sort of (AW, obviously)  (Read 1579 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: November 04, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »

It sounds like you're doing all the right things and as someone who has struggled with depression, I assure you that you're not alone.  Like Grumps said, we're all behind you 100%!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 10:45:39 PM »

So....I was Baker Acted last night. My depression and anxiety took on a life of it's own in a way that I've never experienced. I spent sixteen hours in a psychiatric ward before being discharged early this morning. It was the worst experience of my life. The schizophrenic in the room next store screamed all night in agony that he was being raped, even though there was nobody present.

And yet somehow, this event has....revitalized me? I mean, I was beginning to snap. My signature and forum presence is a joke, but my real life behavior began to mirror my (exaggerated) Atlas insanity. Frankly, and I want to be clear that I am not blaming Badger, whose post was was hilarious, I think it was my anger at not being able to "one up" him that led to a dramatic snowballing of emotions that took me to every dark place I've ever been. And yet, I feel like a lightening bolt has hit me. I feel amazing today. I feel like God herself (I'll say it again - God is a woman. A big beautiful black woman) breathed life into my lungs.

Today, I pitched a business venture to a well connected friend and a meeting has been scheduled for tomorrow with potential investors tomorrow. I am permanently withdrawing from politics, where all of my friends aside from the God-fearing, decent AFP activists have basically abandoned me or sold out. I have a new life ahead of me today. And it feels 'fiya.

I'm not taking a break from this forum. I love this place. I love you all (including Badger, who again I insist is in no way responsible - his post was fire and brimstone and I seized on every word in awe) and I feel like I actually love life again for the first time in a long time. You guys are the cats pajamas. Keep on Atlas'ing everybody.

Glad you’re doing better Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies